#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Sign him up asap.

I think the Stringer arguments comes from the percentages win when Stringer is in around stoppages.

Heā€™s not in there often but when he is we win it or in particular Stringer does.

They posted a stat a while ago and Stringer from memory was number 1 in the league.

I backed laverde in before him, but have been proven wrong, although a happy realisation is that lav is starting to show signs.

If Lang hits his straps I will send jackets a scratchie.

1 Like

Score!

One of those crossword ones.
Addictive.

Yeah but is Darce a grade-A dog that has a severe gambling addiction?

2 Likes

Very much on the more experienced end of the scale
Darcy would have almost played more games than those guys combined

Hmmm. Who did we draft the year before? I canā€™t think of anyone between Hepp and Parish other then maybe Zerret and Joey? Lang & Lav arenā€™t Captain material IMO, but Parish is an outside chanceā€¦

I thought we all agreed that we wouldnā€™t use ā€œParishā€ and ā€œoutsideā€ in the same sentence anymore

4 Likes

some of DPs pickups and the way he dished or the ball oozed class. things you canā€™t teach. the one that he passed to langer which ended in a Begley goal was superb.
whatā€™s more amazing that he can also do it in the wet, unlike almost every other player.
heā€™s not a bad kick either, if he can lift his kicking to where his hands are, heā€™ll be devastating.

3 Likes

Both you and Parish need to stop looking backwards and start moving forward with your lives!

Heā€™s only half way through his 4th season. So heā€™s still in that formative phase but becoming an established player. He had that excellent first year as shown by his rising star stats. Whatā€™s interesting is that while we talk about his excellent hands and handballing, he is averaging more kicks than handballs per game this year. I thought last year was going to be a big year for him, but wasnā€™t. This year looks like it may be.

2 Likes

Outside development paying dividends. Kicking it more and getting it I50 more without compromising clearance work. Next phase will be to bump the disposal numbers above ~25/game.

1 Like

Between 50 and 100 games is where the magic happens (or doesnā€™t). All those little things start to add up to dramatically improved consistency.

3 Likes

Heā€™s far more damaging that what he has been.

You also start to develop a more mature football body that can run for longer and cope with the physical stuff.

1 Like

Hang on a secā€¦Iā€™ve been told weā€™ve totally farked up his development.

2 Likes

Whoever told you that is an idiot. But you already knew that.

1 Like

1 Like

We lost games this year because we were wasting him in the 2s or stuck in the forward line when heā€™s been ready to go in the middle since last season.

Iā€™m glad heā€™s finally being played where nature intended, and heā€™s performing as well as I expected since I saw him in the u18s, but the way he was used in the first part of this season was a clear blunder, one that was extremely obvious at the time, one that went on far too long, and one which might end up costing us a finals spot.

17 Likes