#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

This post is kind of hilarious.

Myers is in the side, so he played forward but now Myers isn’t in the side he plays midfield. Except for the times Myers isn’t in the side and he still played forward.

Maybe Darcy is just a really effective forward, too?

1 Like

I was replying to a post in which someone said he just needs to up his disposal count explaining why that’s not really the case.

You are actually insufferable sometimes.

Im not disputing his effectiveness as a forward lol…?

Did you even read my post, and the context of it.

Of course Parish’ numbers are not going to be as high as midfielders who play predominantly in that position where as Darcy who is still swapping Fwd for large chunks of the game.
That was my point.

1 Like

Yeah I know, I was just laughing because the first half is blaming Myers but then the next sentence highlights he has been played forward even without Myers. Almost as if it’s not Myers keeping him out.

I didn’t blame anyone lol It’s a fact that since Myers was omitted Parish has played more time in the guts.
That’s on the coaches not on Myers or Parish.

1 Like

You’ve forgotten the first rule of Blitz 2019 - always blame Myers

4 Likes

Can also take into account his lower disposal games are a result of him being played forward.

Think he got ten disposals in one of those matches

1 Like

To be accurate, Dasha.

■■■ NO YOU CANT HOW DARE YOU BLAME DAVID MYERS OR QUESTION PARISH’S FORWARD EFFECTIVENESS HOW DARE YOU

1 Like

Huge game for DP with Heppell missing again. With north’s inside ability around stoppages, He becomes that much more important.

2 Likes

It’s makes perfect sense to judge kids (who are at 20 years of age) and say they will only be a role player/write them off/trade bait isnt it? I mean its definately not going early on the call is it??

3 Likes

Yep, I’d trade Francis, Ridley, Thatcher, Laverde and the rest of them because if they haven’t done a Chris Judd and dominated from day one it means they will always be mediocre

2 Likes

The bizarre thing is,… no matter how many times they’re proven wrong, and it should become clear that it’s way to early to make such calls, … You hear (or read) the same people say the same bluddy things about young players year after year!

It’s like they’re fcking Goldfish or something.

3 Likes

NO, Goldfish are more intelligent.

1 Like

I read somewhere recently, that goldfish have a memory spanning an average of three months. Can’t remember where it was.

9 Likes

Did you read it more or less than three months ago?

12 Likes

2 Likes

Not his best, but not a bad game by any standards
20 disposals, 7 contested, 4 tackles

Yup. If this can become his baseline game then I’ll be quite satisfied with that

1 Like

He was raging hot early, then he vanished, then rejoined the game in the last.

Delivers well into the forward 50, but he needs to clean up some of his kicking from stoppages he can be prone to Myers-ing

2 Likes