#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

For some strange reason he spent a lot of time on the bench, especially in the 2nd and 3rd 1/4’s. Only 71% game time.

1 Like

Question: Would we rather have Darcy on the bench or on the HFF?

Woosh be trolling

I reckon (and it’s just a guess) they often manage game time for 1 or 2 guys, possibly just to give them a lighter week sometimes.

2 Likes

That is seriously the worst…

Whatever, Para it is!

You’re like the Robin Hood of spelling.

New contract should be announced in the next couple of weeks.

I think they may be saving the announcement for when the club is in need of some good press.

6 Likes

I love watching our clearance work when he is on the ball. He is such a pure Rover in the old fashioned sense. He also has a really good first step of acceleration as he handballs and moves to advantage. Seems to have worked hard on his field kicking off both feet as well.

8 Likes

I’m been critical here but I think he is going great.

Watched him in the replay very carefully. Has good speed away from the stoppage but often bangs it onto the boot blindly when he has time to have a look. Once he realizes he has a little more time his going to be a real weapon for us.

The few times he did look up he kicked the ball perfectly to advantage.

2 Likes

Resting one or two mids for the majority of third quarters seems to be a deliberate tactic to freshen up the midfield for the final quarter.
They’ve done it a lot this year, and to some extent, last year.
I can even remember Merrett sitting out about 50% of a third quarter in one game.

Seems odd, but hard to argue with given our last quarter midfield surges. Think it’s also a key factor in the team having confidence that they can turn it on in the last.

It’d be interesting to see if we stuck to that in the games where we’re being pummeled in the third.
Can’t remember myself, possibly because those games I’m too busy cursing & drinking.

Cal Twomey reporting that he is set to sign a new 2 year deal.

1 down about 6-7 to go (Redman, Francis, Draper, Tippa, D. Clarke)

11 Likes

Wait a minute, good news coming from the club… what bad news have I missed!!!

PARA

Some idiot called him that behind me at the Sydney game.

3 Likes
17 Likes

Why not sign for 4 to take him to free agency?

Probably couldn’t agree on the salary for a longer contract. They can negotiate again n 2 years. Also in 2 years there might be more cap space.

2 Likes

Haha, maybe this guy…

8 Likes

quite relevant

2 Likes

If I was Darcy I wouldn’t sign anything longer than a 2 year contract.

This contract is probably $450-500k a year.

In two years time, he absolutely has the potential to be our best or 2nd best mid, and could command a 4-5 year contract worth $800k a year.

Good play by Darcy.

4 Likes

I’d imagine there will be triggers in this to take it further, but in 2 years he could be up for a huge deal if he keeps progressing.

Of the unsigned, I do feel he was most important. Proving me wrong with his season so far!

Pretty sure he was going to Geelong because David Myers existed.

4 Likes