#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Was hard at it and got his hands to plenty but seemed he couldnt find any time or space to do much with it today

1 Like

I go nuts when we kick the ball above his head. He just canā€™t mark it but we seem to keep freaking doin it.

This and his dropped marks killed us on a few occasions.

Love him though - gun

Heā€™s not alone there sadly. We were unable to kick to advantage at all today. There was one occasion where Parish clearly should have been given a free but was not.

Number of disposals were down but competed hard plenty of 1%s & I actually thought his disposals were ok. X

Certainly no where near our worst mid fielder

Yes he was not alone. Had lots of mates.

And the umpiring was atrocious generally. Not in a bias way.

Just in the they have no kucken idea kind of way.

1 Like

Needs another 2 preseasons til heā€™ll really get going just looks alittle small in them big packs atm but has the talent to be a top end mid

Iā€™m expecting a Zerrett like rise next year. Zerrett did it in his 3rd season and have no doubt that Parish can do a similar job.

2 Likes

The inside midfielder we keep talking about may very well be on our listā€¦ Excited to watch him on the big stage today

11 Likes

Thereā€™s no reason he cannot become as good as Selwood.

2 Likes

His hands are better than selwoodā€™s

Can he duck like Selwood

3 Likes

Just watch out next year with that touch more size!

Iā€™m going early. But at qtr time this kid has announced himself

Farking gun.

Tough to do this for another 3 qtrs against this mob but he is the player we have and need.

5 Likes

He can sleep easy tonight knowing that he was literally the only midfielder who even marginally extracted his digit today.

15 Likes

Fk me, he could be absolutely elite in the next couple of years.

1 Like

For a bloke from Winch, goes alright

2 Likes

He was great in the 1st quarter and then 4th. Was he played in the middle in the 2nd quarter? It did not appear so. If so it is a big coaching error.

BOG for mine, for us obviously.

21 touches, 14 contested.

Had 2 possessions in the 2nd and 2 possessions in the 3rd.

Once he gets more consistency over 4 quarters he will be our inside bull.

1 Like

Gleeson was BOG for me, but Parish second BOG.

2 Likes

i agree