#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

poor kid, career over already.

Think he may have missed out on a proper nickname too.

Hop along with you.

Or is that too long ago?

Edit…Cassidy, not Darcy, and I say that with neither pride nor prejudice.

1 Like

Forget the Mid/Forward thing, Darcy should play as a full time midfielder from now on.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Love this kids strut around the packs.

5 Likes

Is farken good and knows it. Not backward in telling opponents how it is either; much love DP3

6 Likes

If he played in the 80s he would get his head caved in every 2nd week. Love it.

Parish and Smith

Going to annoy the ■■■■ out of the oppo.

3 Likes

My favourite parish moment is the game last year against the dees when he was mouthing off to everyone and a dees player ran from like 50 metres away to give him a shove.

Flying the flag for his team mate love it

10 Likes
11 Likes

That hawthorn one is my favourite. Getting absolutely flogged, last qtr- the kid is still getting stuck in. You can’t teach that

11 Likes

Expecting a huge year from Parish.

Darc reminds a bit of Steve Beaumont back in the 70’s. Wore number 3, same size, loved getting into it and flying the flag.

3 Likes

Has identified what he needs to do to improve and take the next step forward. Fully professional, you have to love that. He will become a serious weapon in the EFC arsenal, and the rest of the league will sit up and take notice.

4 Likes

Looks taller to me - I reckon 184cm or so.

Will be as good as Luke Parker, I can see so many similarities.

1 Like

More agile than Luke atm I reckon.

Played 20 games in both 2016 and 2017. Parish increased his PAV (hpnfooty.com) score from 9.13 to 11.34, with a fairly even increase in all three areas (def, off, and mid). He was according to PAV, the slightest of margins less valuable for us than Watson, and our 11th most valuable contributor overall.

I like the Parker comparison, who had a PAV score of 7.98 in his second year. Parker, however hit his stride massively in his 3rd (~15 PAV) and 4th seasons (bonafide elite with a PAV of >20)

Parish is tracking beautifully, but the third season is where we can expect to see the real benefits of the AFL program to start paying dividends. Personally, I think it is his development more than any other single player that will influence our rise up the ladder in 2018.

6 Likes