#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Something that stands out with Parish is that he rarely blazes away which some young players can make a habit of. He slows down and straightens up before delivering the ball.

He’s an impressive young player and is only going to get better.

2 Likes

Essendon leads by 22- make that 26. thanks ed.

2 Likes

I think he’s well and truly redeemed himself now, but I don’t think it was the same game.

Courage, We have some riippers Merrett, Parish, McGrath, Fantasia…awesome foursome

2 Likes

Add Smith and Tippa

Blitzem Sixsome

1 Like

What I like about Parish is he is a very direct footballer. He gets the ball then he goes forward with it and he is very good at assessing his options quickly. I’m expecting a big year from him with a lot more time in the guts.

4 Likes

This was memorable! The guy hits packs and attacks the ball at speed when given the chance.

2 Likes

I’d be interested to know how much muscle this guy has put on.

Seems to be a huge worker in the off-season because from his first season, to his second, he built himself up considerably to play more midfield time alongside the returning players and now between his second season and this pre-season, he seems to have bulked up considerably again.

His transformation from his draft year to now is amazing in terms of his physique, he has the hunger that you’d hope all young players would have and literally looks as if he eats, sleeps and breathes football.

This kid is going to be a star.

3 Likes

Don’t let Healy see those arms … …

4 Likes

Dont want to put too much expectation on Darcy, but this is what Fox ports says

The young players in contention for breakout AFL seasons in 2018
ESSENDON — Darcy Parish

He’s only 20 and approaching just his third AFL season, but don’t discount the chances of Parish increasing his output significantly in 2018 — possibly to A-grade status. Parish had a handful of huge games last season, but often struggled to replicate his efforts the next week. With 40 games and an extra pre-season under his belt, expect Parish to not only close the gaps between his best and quietest games, but also produce some monster, match-winning performances.

6 Likes

Lid off down in Fox world.

Any recent photos of this guy?

Here ya go:

ML

Wait, no, sorry, that’s Australian women’s cricket captain Meg Lanning.

19 Likes

good lord

I’m seeing double

1 Like

He’s going to be an absolute gun in about 3 years, and it’s a travesty he wasn’t in the midfield more this year.

2 Likes

Hardly a travesty

He was thrown into the cauldron as a new draftee having to deal with a LOT more centre square and contest work than pretty much any first year player ever. Clubs averse to this to avoid breaking young players down.

Club both needed to give him an easier 2nd year as well as have him learn how to expand his midfield craft as outside player as well.

This all while he kept building his body physically in readiness for combative more inside role against men that he played as a junior & being lined up for.

I agree though he should star in years to come though.

2 Likes

Yeah nah, I realise they were trying to protect him.