#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

yeah but…

1 Like

Oh good. Will do his confidence a world of good

You don’t reckon D Smith is better than T Colyer?
Colyer has him for speed (lightning vs just quick), but that’s about it.
Smith’s much cleaner, a much better kick, much better in a contested situation. I’m not trying to say this as a potshot at Trav, I do like him, but he’s got his limitations.

4 Likes

Hope he can take the next step this year, and there’s nothing to say he won’t. The opportunity and spot is there if he wants to take it. I actually think he will. Think he’ll be one of the better stories for the year.

1 Like

Smith will play more inside midfield in the first month than Trav has in his career.

Smith at Essendon is not a wing. He may play a little wing from time to time at centre bounces… that’s it.

1 Like

IMHO he’s the next in line outside our best starting 4

Players like Hepp, Myers, Zaka and BJ have little potential improvement in them, Smith and Zerret certainly have potential midfield improvement but Darcy has scope to progress to another level if he is used as a full time inside mid this year. Accordingly, Darcy is a key to the success of our midfield this year imo. I dont think we have too many other options for improvement, except the unknown Stringer and Langford experiments.

3 Likes

Colyer has him for fumbles too.

Nobody in this league can out fumble Colyer

3 Likes

If they would only give me a try, I bet I could outfumble him.

1 Like

Wrong thread, wait your turn like the rest of the children

you didn’t even know about the thread…

1 Like

It’s true, but now I can’t get out

1 Like

McGrath says high in the context for midfield improvement. I do agree that Parish will play a key role though.

2 Likes

Mcgrath, yes, will be an outstanding outside mid but I would not expect him to play as an extractor in his second year, surely.

Hepp’s got another 3 gears to go to on his 2017 form

4 Likes

I didn’t expect him to play 21 games last year.
Think McGrath delights in exceeding expectations.
And he’ll drag Parish along with him, Darcy being such a competitive little so and so.

A step up 3 gears would be great. I hope so.

AFL website saying he has been sent for scans today. WTF.

We needed to give it time to see if it fixed itself.

2 Likes