#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Impressive shoulder development. He finished his rep and f**king did some more.

3 Likes

:+1: Gerard Healy likes this.

1 Like

Was surprised to see he only had 19.

He was farking everywhere.

So clean with ball in hand as well.

Stud.

Kicking needs a bit of work. Butchered a few going inside 50. Hands ridiculously clean, though, and never gives up.

2 Likes

So does/did most of our team. Thatā€™s not to excuse mis-kicks, but itā€™s not like he is surrounded by guys who show him up every second kick.

I love Parish, but bias aside, and despite some peoples objections, he really needs to tidy up his kicking.

The one thing is his bad kicking is rarely hurting us because he has a knack for taking the ball away from the contest and moving forwards which is a great asset.

He ainā€™t a chip sideways kinda guy thankfully.

4 Likes

And for someone that always looks involved he doesnā€™t rack up high numbers.

Interesting year of development for Parish.

I think him not getting high numbers is because he does not get a heap of it on the outside. Just my impression because it always surpirses me after a game when I look at the stats.

I wouldnā€™t say thats neccessarily true, i think he contributes a lot to our outside game by always being active and moving. which allows the other more outside types to benefit as the other teams midfielders are caught in 2 minds.

I really love how much of a natural footballer this kid is, and how smart he reads the game.

Yeah, which is why they used him off half forward more last year.

He was still playing that role last night also.

He reads the ball off the hands as good as anyone so heā€™s definitely an inside mid but I would like him to step up this year and average around 25 touches.

1 Like

His second a 3rd efforts are amazing. Kid is an animal in close too

1 Like

Quiet achievers game on Friday night. 5 clearances & 7 tackles, 11 pressure acts. Midfield pressure will help our defence immeasurably. He and Smith are deadset bulldogs at the contest. Developing nicely. We have a very exciting young group coming through.

12 Likes

And two goal assists.

It was a very handy game.

Honestly I donā€™t reckon parish will ever get big numbers, if he can bump his average up to the low 20s over his career then Iā€™d be happy.

Should seek to model himself on Luke ball.

maybe 01-09 Ball, not 2010 onwards Ball.

Love his work in the background of the Begley Gif

6 Likes

As a junior he racked them up. He will get there. Still playing alot as a hff.

1 Like

Darcy spending a lot of time at stoppages and getting a good number of clearances. 4.5 per game. ( so far)
Jobes figure at his peak was 7.0 and last year was 4.8 . Going well generally in both games. Not ā€œspectacularā€ but in our top 5 players.

Heā€™ll be a damn good player by the end of the season

5 Likes

Gets a free pass in here to easily for some reason.

Heā€™s s high draft pick in his third season that as far as Iā€™m concerned is only making gradual improvement.

Midfield is our biggest area of need and we desperately need our young talented players to make the next step.

yeah heavens forbid a player makes mere gradual improvement.

ffs, he is tracking well, increased average tackles, clearances and goal assists from last year, so based on this small sample size he is going absolutely fine. please go sook somewhere else.

2 Likes