#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Thanks, yeh a bit better than expected. If he is playing full time mid this year you’d wanna see it over 25 possessions in at least 1/3rd to a 1/2 of his games this season i think. Otherwise tracking well.

Copy and pastes into The Langford thread.

He’ll get his 25 if hes allowed to play on ball all the time.

1 Like

I think he’ll be pushing for most clearances. The only knock on him is sometimes gets stuck forward of the ball when he can’t impact a contest. We have better distributors and he should be helping others getting the ball forward or outside instead of him trying to be a link in the chain. A block or if we stuff it he’s there ready to make an impact is better then positioning himself for a handball.

IMO he will develop this year into a consistent high possession on baller, but to become an elite player he has to improve his disposal by foot.
After a couple of years in the system, I dont see this happening, and so it may limit how effective he will be.
I also think he is the opposite of Langford who hangs onto it too long looking for an option. Darcy tends to grab it and get rid of it immediately to the first teammate he sees, and this works in congestion, but when he has time to run with it and deliver, he is only average at best.
But he has all the attributes you want, including pace. Maybe Smith without the kicking skills?

I agree. Over time his kicking will need to get more damaging for him to take the next step.

He kicks to the right areas, hes just like heppell tho, in that theyre prone to slow floaters.

1 Like

I have seen Parish kick some ripper lace out passes, it is just consistency that is the issue.

I disagree on him releasing to early he has fantastic awareness.

Will become a jet.

4 Likes

Totally disagree. Elite by foot & hand

Parish is better IMO but I know what you’re getting at. And they set him up outside the contest a bit last year to work on it.

If he has a 25 (ish) touch a game year, our midield won’t be a weakness. Heppell we know is a workhorse, he is not always brilliant but he’s rarely (if ever) out of it. Zerrett always does his damage. If Parish elevates himself to somewhere near that realm, it really gives opposing coaches some worries.

If our gameplan is similar to last year - with the injury to Trav. Does Parish get switched back to being used as an outside mid like in '16?

Our on ball issues are ruck related IMO.

4 Likes

Parish needs to stay inside mid…IMO

7 Likes

Yep, Parish is most certainly inside.

Has some outside tricks but not super damaging.

1 Like

Big Drapes.

1 Like

No. Smith will take over colyer’s role and do it better.

6 Likes

I had completely forgotten Colyer was on our list.

Right here right now Smith and Colyer are incomparable in every way except they are white, short and kick footies for a living.

1 Like

Smith is a bigger, better, more complete, more damaging player but they’re both essentially attacking wingmen.