#3 Darcy Parish - signed to 2027

When the club say Darcy Parish is 2 weeks away, are they referring to RISH?

6 Likes

Or you just completely missed the joke, certainly one of the two.

We need him for getting into finals, will transform us again with more clearance dominance.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t get it. Shiel is a very good 4vs4 centre bounce player…it’s his biggest strength…and I reckon Parish is better. We miss him enormously…I must admit I think team balance is off if they both play though… I think a fit Parish should displace Shiel.

6 Likes

The important thing is that when he comes back in to the AFL setup that he hits the ground running and adds to our midfield potency and makes us harder to play against.

So close to finals it would be potentially disruptive to our flow if it’s the hesitant, concrete boots version of Parish that we saw in the first few weeks upon his return earlier in the season.

From Brad Scott’s comments about him playing a game or two in the VFL, it sounds like they’re wary of this though which is good. They want him confident and near his best.

7 Likes

I can also see him coming in a a rotational mid from the bench to start. That way we don’t disrupt the existing group’s cohesion.

1 Like

Parish will come straight back into the best 22.

4 Likes

Wife is due in July. Maybe they giving him an extra week on the sideline for that…

1 Like

As controversial as this may sound but if we are flying and the mids in the side are dominating then he shouldn’t be brought back until a spot opens either by form or injury

Yeh, nah.

5 Likes

Two weeks ago people were saying that our midfield was screwed without him. Now, after one win, he’s surplus to requirements.

17 Likes

perkins has been pretty ■■■■ the last 2 months and clearances are still an area of concern, its an easy decision for mine

5 Likes

Parish is as important to us as Mills is to the chickens, no matter how good we’re going he comes straight back in.

4 Likes

Parish should be made to earn his spot back via the VFL, just like Shiel did. Aside from 1 game, Parish was just OK in the other games he played earlier this year when returning from injury. He should not be an automatic inclusion as he has not proven that he can return straight back in top form from injury.

4 Likes

Surely you’re not implying Blitzers change their minds like the wind?

No, I don’t think you are.

Or maybe you are - indeed.

4 Likes

I agree, but I think BDB said when Darcy is ready he comes straight back in.

No idea what he is going to do to the midfield dynamic that has us where we are on the ladder, hopefully he can play a support role like Shiel did.

Scott has already said parish will return via the VFL

3 Likes

I agree and there will probably be a spot for him by then, my point was more that no one beside Merrett should be a automatic in, if Ridley was made to find touch in the vfl then so should parish if not earn he’s spot back

1 Like

His only yard stick will be can be get through a VFL game nothing more

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much. He’s been out for a while, they’ll bring him back through the VFL on limited minutes like they did for Ridley and Draper.

I don’t mind that strategy to be honest.

7 Likes