#3 Paul Chapman

I legit couldn't find a Chapman thread, please merge or gurge if I've missed it.

How do others see his year? Getting the guy for nothing is a tick so everything is a bonus yes, but has he exceeded expectations or performed poorly?

Must say, against his old mob last night I didn't expect him to light it up, so he can be let slip for that.

I must admit, I don't think we are using him correctly. Whether it's the coaching staff or him, seems to be pushing up to wings and even HB getting touches.

When at this stage of his career I feel he would be best suited deep in forward 50 along side Joe, and it seems this was the plan the first 3 rounds.

The guy just knows where the goals are, and I feel he's currently being wasted further afield, where guys like Jerrett, Licha and Zerrett are probably better suited.

Deckham: Would the club go after Dangerfield? Or, do they think he is unobtainable, thus favouring Geelong?

They wont give up on anyone until they’ve got them down to walk across our spongey floor.

Ace in the hole b1tches. Spongey brings all the players.

Deckham: Would the club go after Dangerfield? Or, do they think he is unobtainable, thus favouring Geelong?

They would be negligent in duty if they didn’t give it a shot. Tulla is not that far from Geelong. Bombers are closer to a flag than Cats.

Lol @ geelong choosing to keep Mark Blake

more like geelong had already contracted Blake, didnt have much room in the kitty to offer mummy a bigger contract, as had awesome team all getting paid unders.

Swans come in with their COLA and throw lots of money at mummy and rest is history.

I thought he’d run out of puff at the end. If only he could have got on the end of an admittedly scrubby kick from Heppell, there wouldn’t have been any of that drama.

Quoted Post

Did some very good things, but was uncharacteristically fumbly on Sunday.
I noticed that too.

But I’m going to one-up you and suggest, maybe a little trollingly, that he could be having hamstring problems? :slight_smile:

Ablett, Danger, Jobe, Heppell.

Not bad.

Quoted Post

Remember too that Chappy had two choices being us our FARK Carlton who were both supposed to be on the up.

Lol like there was a choice.

No one has ever believed Carlton were on the up… Including judd and daisy. They’re just a big pay packet for mercenaries.

I think the whole “Cats chose Blake over Mumford” is a bit of a fallacy. Like HAP said, Mumford made the decision for them because he wanted to leave.

Remember too that Chappy had two choices being us our FARK Carlton who were both supposed to be on the up.

Lol like there was a choice.

Lol @ geelong choosing to keep Mark Blake

Remember when people used to complain that we never “landed a big fish”?

We should go after Ablett.
Bring him back home to Melbourne
to a team in flag contention.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Goddard, Chapman and Cooney - how did all three get let go?

I can’t wipe the silly grin off my face anytime B.J, Chappy or Cooney get the footy … absolutely amazing that 3 superstars of the game chose to don the sash and done so during the toughest period a football club has had to endure (in Chappy & Cooney’s case anyway) which is no minor detail.
We are going places…

Fark Carlton!

I wish to make a major APOLOGY.

I just re-watched the last 10 minutes, and I was wrong on Chapman. He got involved in both the points that we had, and put pressure on around as well. I was really wrong that he faded in the last quarter.

He brings so much hardness with him as well, continually bumping, pushing and generally antagonistic. We don’t get pushed around any more, we push around and Chappy along with Goddard are a big part of that change. (and of coarse the Franga boys and Ambrose)

Geelong supporters are still cut up over this one… The cats moved him on too soon. He could be invaluable teaching their young players on the field right now… Instead he’s teaching ours :slight_smile:

Absolutely vital to us up front and for periods in the middle.

However, is it just me or did he fade at the end of both matches? I know he contributed to our 2nd last goal on Sunday, but I can’t remember seeing him much involved in Q4 apart from that in either game.

Not saying that’s a problem, but maybe he should be strongly considered as the candidate to be subbed off.

Quoted Post

What the hell were Geelong thinking? Still a long season but if his body holds he is just as good as his peak at Geelong.

Such an inspirational leader to have along with our Fab 5( Jobe, Goddard. Cooney, Heppell and Chaps).

Not sure, given where Geelong is right now, Chappy is who/what they’d be pining for.