Former #30 B. Zerk-Thatcher

Question for anyone - How many kids have we lost to another club through lack of opportunities? And have actually gone on to make it?

Ted Richards was 22/23 when he left for Sydney. Been on EFC list for 5 years. Played 33 games.

Bachar Houliā€¦ would Jenkins qualify??

Ummm ā€¦ :thinking:

I reckon heā€™ll be behind Francis all things being equal.

2 Likes

Yep as would Stephen Milne and Adam Kingsley.

Alex Morgan

No they wouldnā€™t.

Edwards

get him in, cant see what he couldnt offer that Mitch Brown does.

People overrate kids time and time again

Mitch Brown did a superb job on Josh Jenkins rd1 who then went and pantsed Alex Rance

When our entire side was playing rubbish footy rd2 & rd3 it left our defence under pump. Also pretty sure his opponent was goalless however vs Dogs.

Zerk looks a talent but they arenā€™t going to put him in ahead of his time against the big boys at AFL level just yet. But hopefully he can push up over the next few years.

9 Likes

playstyle looks like carlisle but with the work ethic and couragoeusness of future captian andy mcg and no tattoos or whiney attitude.

Needs another year and another pre-season

KP stocks looking good again.

1 Like

Yes, youā€™re right of course ! Itā€™s 6ā€™4.77", which is near enough to 6ā€™5". Donā€™t know where I got the extra 4 inches. Inflationā€¦

2 Likes

About 20kg.

1 Like

How big was Hurley when he debuted and did the number on Tredrea?

Different body types. Hurly was chunkier.

1 Like

Gleeson has become a regular and surely isnā€™t much bigger

1 Like

Gleeson is supposedly 86kg which makes him 5 cm shorter but 8kg heavier

Moves a bit like Peter Berbakov. I like the look of him, but he is obviously a few years away with that body shape and kicking action.

1 Like

True. Hurley is listed as 190cm 90kg according to 2008 draft info.

Zerk is 195, 78kg. Thatā€™s quite a difference.

Closer to Fletch. And not far from Mason.

1 Like

Personally he reminds me of a young Paddy Ryder when Sheeds was playing him CHB. A few cmā€™s shorter obviously. Might be just the number 30 and physique thats doing it.

2 Likes