Former #30 B. Zerk-Thatcher

The thing that got me we’re the people who were upset that our list was underperforming by not wnning games, but at the same time thought the list was terrible and needed to cannon everyone into the sun

2 Likes

Scotty Cummings?

Glenn Manton

I’d say Morgan hasn’t gone on to make anything yet.

Bradley played 6 seasons at Freo - pretty solid career in the end!

1 Like

When your 2-6 and just been beaten by the winless arch enemy it’s difficult to be objective. I think the majority of blitzes even in those dark days felt it was a performance issue vs. a list issue.

Doesn’t stop me laughing at those who threw the toys out of the cot though

6 Likes

Glenn Manton. Couldn’t get a game with us. Won a flag with FCFC

Stephen Milne. Couldn’t get into our seniors side. Kicked many goals for StK.

Podsiadly. Rookie drafted for us. Won a flag at Geelong.

Probably a few more.

1 Like

Every club has examples of this. Some far worse than those.

Kennedy from Hawks to Sydney
Mitchel from Sydney to Hawks

Fixed.

One does not simply gift a flag to Collingwood.

(I know. Shut up.)

2 Likes

One of my best calls. I said he was far too small to get a game at AFL level. Not enough tricks.

But not as bad as the one in early 1986 calling for Steve Carey to be shipped off because he couldn’t handle this slow, fat, useless bloke at Hawthorn - Jason Dunstall.

6 Likes

Kennedy from FC to West Coke - Judd to FC

Besides your examples being from the 90s;

Stephen Milne was never, ever on our AFL list. We never had him to lose no matter how much people rewrite history

Podsiadly was on the multiple AFL rookie lists and close to several others, but never made it until his late 20s after years at Werribee. The fact is, that at the time he just wasn’t good enough for any AFL team. Delisted rookies who then go on to play VFL for years are not a good example of losing quality players to other clubs

1 Like

Not the same. Kennedy and a draft pick was the price FC paid for Judd. It was a swap.

The others were independent trades.

Milne was in our seconds, so we had a better look at him than anyone else.

Allegedly misbehaved in London which displeased Sheeds.

He was essentially in the same boat as Dickson, Campbell and Redpath who McCartney and convicted wife-basher Shannon Grant plucked from us.

1 Like

He was on the supplementary list for that reserves year. So l think we had the option to upgrade him to the senior list at the end of the year if we wanted but had no interest.

That was never a rule

The supplementary list was purely to pad out the numbers in the reserves and nothing else

3 Likes

I just read an article where milne says he was on the supplementary list but Essendon had no interest in upgrading him so he went elsewhere. He didn’t just play for the two’s, there was some benefit to being on the supplementary list.

But then l’ve never believed anything out of Milney’s mouth. So you’re probably correct.

Just pointing out how FC farrked up irrespective of the deal!

Few rumors flying around about Jacobs and the ‘culture problems’ at the hawks

:smiley:

GAblett senior, some consider the best player ever. Played a handful of games for the Dawks, and let go. Rumoured to have upset the family club culture.