Former #30 B. Zerk-Thatcher

Also rumoured to have spent some time playing up Myrtleford way (on day release).

1 Like

and upset hawthornā€™s coach who was a cop.

I remember hearing a story that Sheedy called Danny Jacobs and Mark Bolton into his office, put an offer on the table and said: ā€œFirst one to accept it stays.ā€

Bolton took the offer, Jacobs was traded. And we got Mark Alvey.

We got pick #6.

1 Like

= Kepler

I still find it ironic (and disappointing) that getting him, Stanton and Dyson was pretty close to as well as you could go in that draft with those picks. Mundy, Chaplin, and Adcock were about the only other guys in the top 50 youā€™d have bothered to switch any of them out with (ignoring picks before ours at #6 and F/S selections).

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t Sam Fisher in that draft too? Was taken in the 50ā€™s from memory and a pretty astute selection.

Yeah, he went in the 50ā€™s, and Rischittelli went 61, M. Johnson in the PSD, and then Drummond, Foley, Duffield, Brad Jones, Aaron Davey and Carrazzo on the rookie list. It was a terrible draft, absolutely horrific. Literally from pick #6 on (excluding F/S and first 2 PSD picks), there were less than 15 guys in the entire draft that ever got to 100 games, many of them so-so, and spread out throughout the ND and RD. So most clubs did ok draft wise if they got 1 average to good player out of it.

When you consider we came out of it with Stanton, Dyson, Bradley, Lovett and NLM, it was in some ways a draft for the ages. Just in relative terms.

10 Likes

BoO sTAnToN bOo

Thatā€™s a relatively good haul in an average draft, let alone in a awful one.

Top game today and as someone pointed out he has a touch of Silvagni about him. He is listed as 195 and 78k but seems to have filled out nicely already. Loved the desperation and the late spoils and his kicking seemed reliable.
Heā€™s on the list for next year it appears but Iā€™d offer him an extension now before his price goes through the roof.

11 Likes

Great comparison,the way heā€™s got that slinky way about him.He already has that inate ability to know when to leave his man.

Boy the back half is looking so damn exciting for the future.

He even has Silvagniā€™s bandy-legged look.

4 Likes

Yeah great call.
Will only get better.

And heā€™s better than Silvagniā€™s son.

9 Likes

Yeah he is certainly an impressive young prospect.

2 Likes

Has senior footballer written all over him. Great prospect.

6 Likes

Goes alright this bloke

The Hooker replacement?

1 Like

Highlight for me today was Zerk-Thatcher. Has all the attributes. Good frame, good mark, good vision and uses it well. I think weā€™ve got an absolute gem on our hands.

15 Likes

My only issue with him is BT will keep fking up his name.
Heā€™ll just end up calling him Terri to show what a poo chute he really is.