Former #30 B. Zerk-Thatcher

The potential to ultimately be so at AFL level is definitely there to see, yes.

1 Like

To clarify: if heā€™s kept on the ground heā€™s not better than Carlisle and may never be, as his frame is not quite as wide. He knows that and rarely engages that way. In the air, howeverā€¦

1 Like

Hurley
Francis
Zerk

That position is covered for years.

Good to see everyone starting to see what this kid is capable of

Dives?
Stages?
Gives cheapies?

5 Likes

I wonder if he can put on the needed size? Or do we have another Christian Bock?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Silly comparison.

1 Like

Lol nah just the good parts.
Courageous, reads the play well and awareness to kill, halve and rebound outta contests

CHB for the next 10 years. Not as good a mark as Carlisleā€¦yet but there is one big difference.

This kid has a crack.

He reads the play so well and is as cool as a cucumber and has been all year

We got a good one here.

Ive been potting Jackets for a while but he may make me eat my words. Throw in the efforts of Redman and Ridley in the seniors of late and the rise of the SSS.

8 Likes

Just quietly, the one in the 2ā€™s Iā€™m most excited about. Legitimately excellent prospect

5 Likes

THIS is the crucial issue. Looks like he will be more in the Fletch than Hooker mould.

I wasnā€™t comparing. I was asking a question. I literally havenā€™t seen him play at all.

1 Like

Heā€™s got decent width across the shoulders, heā€™s just not massive like Carlisle.

Bock was a freak. Hereā€™s a graph I prepared earlierā€¦

7 Likes

Thing I love about him the most? He looks a natural footballer in the way that Francis does. Often appears to have the ball on a string - Our next gen back 6 is looking primo and the Nu Fletch Boyz ainā€™t even on the scene!

Zerk is a lot more cat-like than Carlisle once the ball hits the ground. Makes good decisions with ball in hand too, very unlike Jerrett and Long. Watching him today, I did think he was a little like Rance in the way he moves, a cm taller too. Needs to put on a few (dozen) Kgs thoughā€¦

1 Like

Uh oh.

Thatā€™s usually code for ā€œunfitā€

2 Likes

Nah, heā€™ll put the weight on. Heā€™s a lot thinner above the waist than below at the moment. That will balance out over the next few years and we should have a pretty solid bloke on our hands. Which will be great, because he is seriously hard at the contest.

1 Like

He good enough/ready for a late season debut?

Yes, but doubt they will play him. Plenty of depth ATM so they wonā€™t rush him in as much as Iā€™d love it to happen

1 Like