Former #30 B. Zerk-Thatcher

nah youre not, hes a good size IMO, id be hesitant to change too much

1 Like

He will naturally put on weight as he gets older but I don’t think he’s that light now.

He is a good size in my opinion and is the type that throws his body into everything without to many problems.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be worried about weight, just how strong and powerful he is. If he can lift what Hooksy or Hurls do and is 5kg lighter, who cares.

Zerk looks more like Fletch in body shape so if he ends up at around 88-90 kgs he should be OK. This means he needs around 10kg on his frame and to increase his core strength as well.

Its might be a bridge too far to turn him into a Hooker at 197cm and 100+ kg

Zerk is almost the same shape The Langford was when drafted. He is reasonably slight above the waist, and quite solid below. He will have absolutely no problem adding, and carrying, another 12 - 15kg. And that will both add to his kamikaze attack on the ball, and his ability to not do damage to himself in the process. When that happens the guy is going to be an absolute wrecking ball. Love the way he attacks the contest.

14 Likes

Is there an injury update on Zerk-Thatcher?

I haven’t heard he was injured at all. Maybe rested?

Has been on a mini-pre-season along with Houlahan. Not saying they’ll have added 12-15kg, but they’ll be back playing shortly. And we definitely need that on this final run to finals!

10 Likes

That’s interesting.

Physical conditioning seen as more valuable than game time. I guess a lot of the time the week is just recovery from games.

Also perhaps needed a break from bash and crash

yep sent to the gym for month.

Interesting. I wonder if it’s a concept we are trialling to possibly make use of in the AFL next year.

Has Daniher been using his lay off by hitting the gym?

He’s been working out a specific muscle.

Twirly finger?

4 Likes

It is funny reading comments like this from May. Our perception of our list has done almost the same level of U-turn as our on field performances.

2 Likes

The guys would be:

• Jenkins
  • Jacobs? (probably argue he was given opportunity, but I don’t really know why he wanted out. He was going well until injured)
  • Houli
  • Richards
  • Potentially Morgan

Kepler Bradley if we’re really scraping the barrel.

Carlisle - lacked opportunity to play in the backline

1 Like

I was told that they did the same with Mynott earlier in the year, why he missed for a chunk of games. So it seems to be a new thing that the draftees are doing, or being considered for.

Ryder lacked opportunity to be near his family

8 Likes

Yeah about that…

Time makes fools of us all

1 Like