Former #30 B. Zerk-Thatcher

*his own family

I think it is a smart idea. Give them exposure to the higher level, identify areas they need to improve strength, fitness, then give them a block to work on those areas. Also serves to minimise the attritional affects of a football season.

1 Like

Itā€™s also amazing that since our midfield has started to hit itā€™s straps the backline is looking the better for it. Poor buggers had been totally exposed by the midfield for a couple of years now. Team defense has done them a huge favor.

4 Likes

To be fair they arenā€™t playing brown as a defender though I take your point

1 Like

I wanted Dea shot out the cannon, so Iā€™m no authority here.

5 Likes

Jacobs was also 23 and had played 80+ games when he left, and spent less time at the Dawks then he did with us.

Jenkins imo is the only one that comes close to fitting the criteria.

Houli definitely does.

Jacobs would have spent more time at the Hawks (and got a few premierships) if not for injuries. But he may not qualify as Iā€™m not sure if he left due to opportunities. As you say, he was getting games so its doubtful that was it. I honestly canā€™t remember why he left.

Why did any of our players leave during that period? We couldnā€™t pay them what they wanted.

1 Like

A footy team is like an ocean liner, not a speedboat. Things take a while to turn around. People get impatient.

3 Likes

I thought Houli had played a few more games than he did for us.
Given he played 22 games for the Tigs first up heā€™d definitely be in that category with Jenkins.

1 Like

With ā€œfamilyā€ meaning whatever Conners felt it meant on any given day. Think of the damage done to generations of Ryders to come due to the nasty drugz

It is great to see that now we are winning some games with exciting football even without some best 22 players, the depth and quality of our list is finally getting some recognition, with players like Dea, Langford, Bags, Myers, Brown, McNiece and Smack all getting some love after being written off at various stages of the season.

1 Like

BEST GROUP OF UNDER 25s IN THE LEAGUE.

*Champion Data something somethingā€¦

Remember when half of the Essendon supporting Internet wanted to trade Hooker?

I doā€¦

Not sure why posted this story. Nothing to addā€¦

Where can I watch some of Zerks highlights?

4 Likes

Didnā€™t he have a falling out with Sheeds.

Didnā€™t Sheeds always think Dustin could have been a superstar key forwardā€¦maybe we see if Mason could be as well.

Justin Madden

Fark Carlton

There were a few as-Persians comments directed at him.

And allegedly Kennett demanded he leave Hawthorn after similar accusations. Probably just wasnā€™t good enough to weather similar accusations levelled at their big guns.

Pun and rhyming slang included in first comment.

1 Like

l have felt throughout the entire year that we have had a good list.

1 Like

Yes . I notice that in the coaches videos, Harvs has stopped blaming the midfield for the backlines problems.