Former #30 B. Zerk-Thatcher

There’s been some serious muscle put on by the players. Very pleasing. We look like a team with mature bodies.

1 Like

Aaaaddrrriiaaaaannnnnnnn
…Dodoro.

5 Likes

Please don’t let Gerard Healy see that post.

2 Likes

Nothing to worry about Albert, I posted it next to a slopping grassy path. The players look decidedly short and thin.

4 Likes

It’s ironic that people can’t hear ‘no’ about Steven Milne.

1 Like

We all watched this guy in the VFL and many see good traits there.

Box 1: Strongly competitive tall in the VFL in 2018. Tick
Box2: Had a full preseason in 2019. Tick
Box 3: 195 cm. Tick, for medium tall defender
Box 4: 78kg ???

How is he going for a 2019 debut?

AFL record has him at 86kg

1 Like

Shouldn’t be needed.
And would be behind Hartley, and probably Brown.
He’s for a couple of years down the track.

1 Like

As with most talented youngsters he should get at least a taste of AFL in his first 2 years so he can find out where to improve and also so he doesn’t start thinking about opportunities elsewhere.

I think he would acquit himself quite well against most 2nd or 3rd talls at AFL level.

3 Likes

By the time Hooker is ready to hang up the boots, this boy will be cherry ripe to go.

7 Likes

Jacobs left due to the salary cap I think. Hawks offered him big $$$

last 3 years at EFC games played
2001 23
2002 24
2003 24

At the Hawks
2004 12
2005 15
2006 9
2007 9

He was a lot more durable for us

He had a major injury with the Hawks. When you consider what they gave up for him, and that they lost Croad shortly after the 2008 premiership, they were quite unlucky with their tall backs.

I quite liked Jacobs too. He was pretty handy.

4 Likes

We killed his career and his health by constantly asking him to play well out of his weight division.
Was a very good footballer Danny Jacobs.

3 Likes

The tripod.

1 Like

Jacobs off-field issues caught up with him along with injury at Hawthorn - Should have experienced a better career.

1 Like

Where he and Buddy on good terms?

Maybe, Jacobs was a mentor to Buddy - Anything is possible.

Clear signs that the club rates this kid very highly to hand out a 2-year extension so early in the season and before he’s broken through for a senior game. We need to start succession planning for the key defensive posts with Hooksey 30 and Hurls in his late-20s so very happy with this. Can’t wait for BT to call his name in a match!

31 Likes

Exciting news. Can’t wait to see the Zerk at AFL level.

1 Like