Former #30 B. Zerk-Thatcher

You think our footballers are using the public health system???

From my line of work, I know other club’s players are certainly not. They’re on top of the line private health cover.

1 Like

Other clubs use ambulances too.

4 Likes

I heard* that because of the saga the AFL has to sign off on anything remotely health related at the club.
Which explains the taxi, the lack of an MRI and the delay in treatment to several players.

• mnbt
7 Likes

Yep, that’s me… a pain in the a$$.

Not questioning the quantity of talls recruited. Ive banged on about it already, but at the risk of incurring the wrath of posters, I’ll reiterate, only as a response to your post Ants (fark me I should know better).

All 5 genuine talls we had playing last game will be 30 next year. Belly can barely run. Mck, Hurley and Brown look like the role of KPP is past them and roaming, unaccountable roles will be their contribution next year and beyond. Don’t see any of those playing at their top level at 32.
In the wings of the tall brigade we have JD who has a family history of OP, Stewart was/is not best 22, and Zerk, Gown and Draper are not proven at senior level… promising, not proven…theyre years away from their best.
The only player who’ll be at their peak age next year will be JD, who’s coming off two years of injury.
I question the depth in our talls and who will be performing at their peak in 2020 and 2021. We’ll have a host of proven 3rd talls. mids and flankers in their peak age bracket of 23 to 28, and potentially no KPPs…maybe one if we’re lucky.
Don’t see Ridley and Frang as KPP.

There, that’s it… I will never raise it again… promise.

1 Like

I seriously can’t believe how critical some people are being of Hurls. He’s still so ■■■■■■ good. I swear some people don’t understand what they’re watching. He had a very tough game on Thurs night and was beaten on a fair few occasions under a huge amount of pressure by one of the best forwards in the AFL. He was still named in our best players. Hurley, Hooker and Ambrose are the only reason we’re not sitting on a percentage of 70 right now.

7 Likes

I went back through the match reports on the AFL site and he’s in the best roughly 50% of the games.

But nah, we should drop him.

1 Like

I think my last catscan was about $550 of which i get back $360, and i have an idea an MRI is more expensive.

Not sure you’ll get the Doctor to sign MRI requests willy-nilly and there was talk during the Saga, that Dank was trying to defraud Medicare, or getting the club to. We won’t know the truth of that for a while.

Absafarkinglutely

1 Like

Haha, this place has gone bonkers. Who would have thought that losing arguably our toughest game of the year would be the tipping point.

1 Like

Massive amount of repeat entries, they were under siege. He had a poor game but he isn’t at the end yet.

1 Like

He’s been brilliant as an intercept defender.

Still, I’d rather him not play man on man against a big fwd, and there are teams in the comp that have more than one big fwd. in an ideal world he would now be playing the role fletch played later in his career… and we’d have a mobile ruck who could drop back (a Lycett, Gawn, Grundy etc)…

After over 100 posts I still know nothing about B.Zerk

2 Likes

Been reasonably consistent this year.
Horror game against the eagles. I was there and he seemed verrrry slow off the mark. Struggled to keep up with Kennedy. Had 2 goals kicked on him in quick succession, runner came out and swapped him to darling. Darling then kicked his first not long after

Just wasn’t his day

2 Likes

Got some news for you - top of the line private health cover doesn’t eliminate queues or waiting time - speaking from my line of work as a patient.
However as a previous poster pointed out it seems all footballers used designated sports scanner at Olympic Park, which is interesting news, that I didn’t know

Which only leaves my poorly phrased point re the modern habit of throwing all possible medical technology at everything- Zerk has a Cork/ Bruise/ Splinter in his toe - quick - scan, medicate and/ or totally replace his leg Steve Austin style.
If we don’t the Club is obviously farked

2 Likes

If you pay enough, there are plenty of services private hospitals provide without waiting lists. I would have thought a scan would be one of those.

Nobody has said he should be medicated, nice straw man. What people have said is that to make the best diagnosis, and to avoid any surprises, the club should pay extra to perform better diagnostics. This would then mean that in the event the diagnosis via non-scanning methods is incorrect, there is a higher likelihood of this being identified quickly. It is a cost, but it is also a risk mitigation and improves the chances of catching anything that might delay our footballers return, and gives our health team more information.

Wait until Luke DArcy hears that we are using Uber Black ops for our players medical transport

Well, denial is one of the stages of grief

Watched it again last night and there was a point when (maybe Darling?) put a knee in his back and full weight on Hurls shoulder in a marking contest. Hurls crouched down afterward and looked like he was in a lot of pain. I know he’s had bad back issues recently. It was straight after this that Kennedy seemed to start getting on top of him. I wonder if he tweaked something?

1 Like

Must have missed that

That would have had an impact

1 Like

To answer
Re private scans - no. Doesn’t matter your level of health cover. As I said, but hey I’ve only been a patient with top health cover but what would I know.
Re the diagnostics - you’re assuming that modern medical technologies provide better information in all circumstances- the answer is again, no they don’t. They do better in some areas and some injuries, but not in others. At other times there’s also a need to delay so potentially masking symptoms such as swelling has reduced.

Again, you and a bunch of Blitz posters are saying the medical staff are less than competent in deciding not to scan Zerk straight away.
So you honestly think they want to delay a players rehab? Or the club employs medical staff who don’t know their jobs?
A long and paranoid bow to draw

1 Like