Former #30 Patrick Ryder - we dodged the bullet

Can’t wait to read how we are impossible to trade with for not accepting a second round pick

I think we need to change the way we categorise Paddy.  he is a utility player,  not a ruckman.

Its just that we need a ruckman and Paddy is the best available.

If we had a ruckman and needed a forward,  we would use Paddy there,  because he is the best available.

He is a UTILITY player..  

Alright:  Ruckman / Forward.

BJ is the only TRUE utility player on the list.

We can't just go demanding their players.  What if they don't want to come to us?

Name one established Essendon player that left Essendon and was glad with their decision.

Che cockatoo - cockatoo Collins , che cockatoo - THERE'S NOTHING HE CANT DO!!

fk that

hopefully the club and ryder can hammer something out between themselves that allows Ryder to be happy at Essendon.[/quote]
Of course, but this conversation was about him going. We all hope he stays.

Want more than just Rockcliff IMHO. Ruckmen like Paddy do not grow on trees. Ottens was traded for two first-round picks. Paddy deserves more than that.

I keep reading this and there is no way Paddy is worth more than Rockcliff. In fact he's not worth Rockcliff and there is no way we would ever get Rockcliff for Paddy. Rockcliff is a gun.
Are you kidding. You ask any recruiter from any club and they would take Paddy over Rockliff. Players like Paddy are rare indeed. Good ruck, great forward and can play CHB. Every team has multiple mids. Paddy is far more valuable than Rock liff. In fact I agree with earlier post Rockcliff plus a pick

I know a recruiter at a club so I'll ask him. But I'm afraid if you're waiting for Rockcliff to be offered up you'll be waiting a while. They're not giving up their best player for Ryder.
Hopefully Sydney or GWS put up their hand as they've got a lot more for us to work with IMO.

If Brisbane are not willing to consider a trade of Rockliff for Ryder then the conversation will be a very short one. Ryder is contracted for 2 more years and he's one of our most valuable players. IIf Ryder wants to leave with two more years left on a contract - then we will want something very very good in return. We hold the cards here

We can't just go demanding their players.  What if they don't want to come to us?

then there will be no trade

Fog could you answer this- why haven't we just come out and said paddy is contracted for 2 more years and ain't going nowhere

We did. On 4 September the club released a statement that said:
"Essendon Football Club has no intention of trading Paddy Ryder.
Paddy is contracted until the end of the 2016 season and is a valued and much loved member of our playing group."

Thanks fog I must of missed it

Personally I would take rockcliff for Ryder.

■■■■, I’d fly Ryder their myself. Do any of you watch this kid play?!?!?! Lol.

Respectfully.

Want more than just Rockcliff IMHO. Ruckmen like Paddy do not grow on trees. Ottens was traded for two first-round picks. Paddy deserves more than that.

I keep reading this and there is no way Paddy is worth more than Rockcliff. In fact he's not worth Rockcliff and there is no way we would ever get Rockcliff for Paddy. Rockcliff is a gun.
Are you kidding. You ask any recruiter from any club and they would take Paddy over Rockliff. Players like Paddy are rare indeed. Good ruck, great forward and can play CHB. Every team has multiple mids. Paddy is far more valuable than Rock liff. In fact I agree with earlier post Rockcliff plus a pick
kingofthehill = king of the dills.
NFI
+ 1
King dill NFI.

Do you actual watch anyone but Essendon? Rockcliff is a two time B&F winner. Will be All Australian. Finished in the top ten in the MVP. He's one of the stars of the comp.
I love Paddy and hope he stays. But it's you two who have NFI.

NFI
+ 1
King dill NFI.
Do you actual watch anyone but Essendon? Rockcliff is a two time B&F winner. Will be All Australian. Finished in the top ten in the MVP. He's one of the stars of the comp.

Agree with this post. But wasn't in in the quote. Now I am. Lol

NFI
+ 1
King dill NFI.

Ryder would have won 4 B&Fs at Brisbane

giphy.gif

A few people in here have made the point that the breach of contract clause doesn't come into effect until November 2014.

Can anybody provide me the evidence of this?

NFI
+ 1
King dill NFI.

Ryder would have won 4 B&Fs at Brisbane

Well he can't win ours and we haven't won a final since he's been here.

A few people in here have made the point that the breach of contract clause doesn't come into effect until November 2014.

Can anybody provide me the evidence of this?

I don't know when the rule came in. But I do know that Paddy continued to play on well after the ASADA stuff broke , after the penalties and after the Ziggy report. Did he raise his concerns then that EFC had breached his contract ? No of course not he continued to play on getting paid $500k a year. He has no hope of using the breach of contract clause to walk out IMO

Ffs, any chance we can wait and see if Paddy ultimately chooses to leave, and if so where to, before dreaming up imagined trades and then abusing each other over them?

Ffs, any chance we can wait and see if Paddy ultimately chooses to leave and if so where to before abusing each other over imagined trades?

Paddy can't 'choose' to leave unless we agree to a trade. He's contracted and we've said we won't trade him. Paddy is contracted. He can't just choose to leave

Ffs, any chance we can wait and see if Paddy ultimately chooses to leave, and if so where to, before dreaming up imagined trades and then abusing each other over them?

Wtf, no

Was in QLD today hey hmmm.