Former #30 Patrick Ryder - we dodged the bullet

Wife's not in ear. Savio is right

So Paddy does want out?
sort of

If what Savio said is right, then he's good as gone. 

So Paddy does want out?
sort of

Oh. Hopefully he can be convinced to stay then.
In a way I have more hope now that it's him that needs convincing instead of the wife.

So Paddy does want out?
sort of

Think he can be talked around?

So Paddy does want out?
sort of
Oh. Hopefully he can be convinced to stay then.
In a way I have more hope now that it's him that needs convincing instead of the wife.

It's not a done deal. But don't be surprised. We need to convince him.

If what Savio is saying is true then this it the biggest test of Hird's short coaching career. 

Would be a huge statement to bring him around and convince him to stick fat. 

People on here need to stop talking smack about Jess to. It really isn’t helping

Maybe the thread should be locked then and everyone should shut up and just let it happen?

People on here need to stop talking smack about Jess to. It really isn't helping

Agree.

Don't think anyone has any right to be critical of her.

People on here need to stop talking smack about Jess to. It really isn't helping

Agree.

Don't think this thread helps anything or anyone. 

What did Savio say?

Agree.

I don't know the situation but am puzzled by how any statement in this forum could affect their decision. Are they logging in to check what is said?
As for locking the forum, are you saying censorship is more appropriate than discussing the potential issues? I don't see the point of doing that either. Wouldn't be easier to delete the offending post or ban a repeat offender than binning or locking a thread?

What did Savio say?

http://bomberblitz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/390-30-patrick-ryder/page-120

Innocent or guilty, it has obviously really affected certain players.

Man, we can be selfish to a certain degree as supporters.

In a way we can think that get paid big bucks can diminish the affect this whole saga has had on all.

Well actually, I'm just speaking for myself.

I for one, am completely less interested in football at the momement.

I have a 3 year old son that i just want to inoctrinate into everything dons.

Me and a mate joked yesterday that maybe our memberships next year could end up being

front row at the supreme court!!

Imagine Paddy.

Not going to specualte on his personality type, but man it appears to me he's not one to

want to put up with 24/7 heat that is on.

When I get ' truly objective' my understanding of anyone leaving becomes far more realistic.

Under the current circumastances, it's not that the club has done well to retain the list.\\

It's just simply that some players cant be ■■■■■■ putting up with the ■■■■ anymore.

I can't.

But I'm just a supporter.

Coming into this verbal party late but if Paddy is worried about potential health issues with his child (and I'm certainly not judging him on that) what other club can 100% guarantee that their program is clean?

11 other clubs without a single point of accountability, etc, etc, etc

Every club would have potential risks/issues. They would be possible from any other club, it's just that the media and AFL/ASADA have focussed on us.

I would be sad to see him go but he has to do what is right for him and his family. As good as he is and as decent as he seems, the club will continue to move forward. Same as when Dimma, Wanganeen, Roger Merrett, etc etc all left. Great players. Fan favourites but not irreplaceable as a player. Just a loss as a team member and personality.

Can't 100% guarantee that the water from the tap is clean

Innocent or guilty, it has obviously really affected certain players.

Man, we can be selfish to a certain degree as supporters.

In a way we can think that get paid big bucks can diminish the affect this whole saga has had on all.

Well actually, I'm just speaking for myself.

I for one, am completely less interested in football at the momement.

I have a 3 year old son that i just want to inoctrinate into everything dons.

Me and a mate joked yesterday that maybe our memberships next year could end up being

front row at the supreme court!!

Imagine Paddy.

Not going to specualte on his personality type, but man it appears to me he's not one to

want to put up with 24/7 heat that is on.

When I get ' truly objective' my understanding of anyone leaving becomes far more realistic.

Under the current circumastances, it's not that the club has done well to retain the list.\\

It's just simply that some players cant be ****** putting up with the **** anymore.

I can't.

But I'm just a supporter.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is. Not having a go, just a bit confused as to what you mean. 

Just like Cramers last year… Paddy is gone, lets just hope we get some good compensation for him

Want more than just Rockcliff IMHO. Ruckmen like Paddy do not grow on trees. Ottens was traded for two first-round picks. Paddy deserves more than that.

I keep reading this and there is no way Paddy is worth more than Rockcliff. In fact he's not worth Rockcliff and there is no way we would ever get Rockcliff for Paddy. Rockcliff is a gun.
Are you kidding. You ask any recruiter from any club and they would take Paddy over Rockliff. Players like Paddy are rare indeed. Good ruck, great forward and can play CHB. Every team has multiple mids. Paddy is far more valuable than Rock liff. In fact I agree with earlier post Rockcliff plus a pick

I know a recruiter at a club so I'll ask him. But I'm afraid if you're waiting for Rockcliff to be offered up you'll be waiting a while. They're not giving up their best player for Ryder.
Hopefully Sydney or GWS put up their hand as they've got a lot more for us to work with IMO.

Personally I would take rockcliff for Ryder.
fark, I'd fly Ryder their myself. Do any of you watch this kid play?!?!?! Lol.
Respectfully.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I don't like Rockliff. He seems like a thuggy bad apple to me. Just pulling that outta my ■■■■, but I don't get a good feeling about him.

A few people in here have made the point that the breach of contract clause doesn't come into effect until November 2014.

Can anybody provide me the evidence of this?

I don't know when the rule came in. But I do know that Paddy continued to play on well after the ASADA stuff broke , after the penalties and after the Ziggy report. Did he raise his concerns then that EFC had breached his contract ? No of course not he continued to play on getting paid $500k a year. He has no hope of using the breach of contract clause to walk out IMO

The other thing that I think is important is that the alleged 'governance issues' at EFC were in 2012. Paddy signed a new contract that came into place after the end of the 2012 season. So if I'm reading this correctly his current contract starrted after the alleged governance issues. Therefore I can't see how Paddy can try to enforce a clause to walkout under his current contract when the alleged governance issues occurred during his previous contract. Paddy would have to prove EFC breached his contract after 2012. This I believe would be a very very difficult thing to do.

Not exactly.
It matters less when he signed, and more when he (potentially) realised a grievance.
Disagree. His former contract (up to end of 2012) has expired. Any governance issues occurred during the period covered by that old contract. If Ryder is relying on the governance issues then how can that impact his current/new post 2012 contract? I can't see how you can use the alleged breach of and old/expired contract to envoke a walkout clause in the current (post 2012) contract? They are two separate periods and different legal contracts??

Paddy Ryder after signing his four year deal in 2012:

“My contract has been sorted and I am happy to be a Bomber for another four years,” Ryder said on Essendon’s club show The Hangar.

"I love this place and everyone that’s involved in this footy club. I’ve also got great mates here and coaches I really look up to.

“I’m a big family man and it has always been on my mind about going home and being closer to my family, but I’ve made the right decision for my family in Melbourne, my partner and also because I know the Essendon Football Club is the place for me to get the best out of myself.”

how many hearts paddy break