Former #30 Patrick Ryder - we dodged the bullet

So what people are saying without actually saying is that Paddy is ■■■■■■ so many of his aboriginal brothers have been shafted or retired (deservedly so) and hes ■■■■■■ off and wants to leave as a result?
Serious?
he can fk off then.

That's an odd thing to say, even for Benfti.

Ryder has the right to be all kinds of adjectives about what's happened the last 2 years. Lack of Loyalty shown by the club is probably lower than 2% on that list of things to be aggrevied about.

Remember when paddy won the Anzac Day medal because he rucked the entire match against Collingwood… Then he said he was tired but pushed on because he hates Collingwood and every essendon fan loved it.

Or when paddy kicked that huge goal and proceeded to tell the crowed to shhhhhhhhhhhh while Hurley looked on!!!

Remember when paddy won the Anzac Day medal because he rucked the entire match against Collingwood... Then he said he was tired but pushed on because he hates Collingwood and every essendon fan loved it.
Or when paddy kicked that huge goal and proceeded to tell the crowed to shhhhhhhhhhhh while Hurley looked on!!!

That was Dempsey

Remember when paddy won the Anzac Day medal because he rucked the entire match against Collingwood... Then he said he was tired but pushed on because he hates Collingwood and every essendon fan loved it.

That was Dempsey

That was Paddy against Freo, in the 'Hird should stand down' game. 

That was Dempsey

Ask Basil Zemplas 

9. Essendon*

That was Dempsey

Hird needs to tweet a photo going shhhhhhhhhhhh while tagging paddy and his manager in it then.
Only way we can get him to stay!!

That was Dempsey

Ask Basil Zemplas 

Sorry, I just realised that one flew right over my head. Carry on. 

Can't 100% guarantee that the water from the tap is clean

But we do know that it's a lot better in Melbourne than it is in Brisbane or Sydney!

Nat Rat.

I'm thinking that is part of Paddy's isssue Ben is refering to.

Not so much ASADA, nor his wife but a changing culture within the club. Maybe the kind of thing that would help him deal with the pressure of this ASADA stuff is disappearing.

or just give him some good advice.

Kinda what I was getting at, people that perhaps understand him.   People that would  put him at comfort without having to ask etc.Even non football advice is perhaps disappearing for him.
How does going to Brisbane help that? Not as if just coz they're not at the club any more you aren't allowed to contact them.
it doesn't, but we are essentially asking him to be loyal to a club that he doesn't feel is reciprocating.
Benfti, please explain how Paddy doesn't feel the club has reciprocated his loyalty?

I am genuinely perplexed by this statement given we offered and he signed, a 4 year contract which is about the most overt way a club can show loyalty to a player.

Work pay me and have me on a contract, but I don't particularly feel that they are loyal to me

So what people are saying without actually saying is that Paddy is ■■■■■■ so many of his aboriginal brothers have been shafted or retired (deservedly so) and hes ■■■■■■ off and wants to leave as a result?
Serious?
he can fk off then.

no, I'm not saying that. It's a lot more complex

Goddard said he will stay.

Good enough for me.

Can you elaborate more Ben? You’ve been great answering all questions, but I feel you haven’t got to the main point yet.

Good enough for me.

Me too.

Good enough for me.

Source??

Serious?
he can fk off then.

no, I'm not saying that. It's a lot more complex

Then just say it FF sake.....

Say nothing if ur gonna half say something.

Good enough for me.

Source??

From AFL official site

Thompson, Ryder to stay, believes Goddard, while Winderlich may play on

Jennifer Phelan  September 13, 2014 4:01 PM

•  
  •  
346887-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Essendon ruck/forward Paddy Ryder is reportedly weighing up his future

He's too invested, he loves the footy club, loves the guys and he doesn‘t want to miss out on potentially something special
Brendon Goddard, on Mark Thompson
BRENDON Goddard believes Paddy Ryder and Mark Thompson will both remain at Essendon next year.

And Jason Winderlich looks set to renege on his decision to retire, with the Bombers close to agreeing to terms with him on a one-year contract.

Thompson has indicated he will stay at Essendon when James Hird returns as senior coach next year, having stated he wasn‘t likely to field offers from other clubs.

Goddard said he believed Hird and Thompson would work together in 2015.

"The club's obviously in talks with ‘Bomber‘ and I believe he'll stay," Goddard told ABC Radio on Saturday.

"He's too invested, he loves the footy club, loves the guys and he doesn‘t want to miss out on potentially something special.

"I think he'll be around so it will be a team effort of Bomber and ‘Hirdy‘ upon our return, I expect."

Club great Matthew Lloyd told 3AW he believed Ryder - who is reportedly considering using a clause in his contracted related to the supplements scandal to move clubs - was the "one they can't afford to lose".

But Goddard said he thought Ryder would stay despite his reported concerns over health issues for him and his child due to the club's supplements program.

"I know he loves the footy club, he loves the boys and I can't see him going anywhere else to play footy," Goddard said.

"I think the environment we've created and he's been in for so long, that will give him his best chance to be the footy player we know he can be and he knows he can be, and essentially hopefully be a premiership player.

"I'd love him to stay, he's crucial to our chances of playing finals and being successful."

Goddard also said he didn't believe the supplement issues were driving Ryder's reported desire to leave.

"ASADA, I'm not quite sure on that side of stuff," he said.

"Paddy's a ripping guy and to be honest he's not very opinionated and he's easy going – if we say jump, he says how high?

"So I'm not sure about that."

Goddard said Ryder was the most durable ruckman in the competition and had versatility and athleticism that was "arguably better than Nic Naitanui".

He said "open and honest discussion" this year about Ryder's value to the team had helped the 26-year-old realise the positives and negatives of his game.

"It was hard for him to swallow at the start but the good thing was we saw his response from it and I think the footy world saw his response from it," he said.

"When we gave him responsibility and he had the No.1 ruck role singlehandedly, you saw him blossom into a consistent player.”

Meanwhile, Lloyd said Winderlich was set to play on despite his decision to retire in early August.  

"My understanding is they've just about agreed to terms for a contract extension for next year for Jason," Lloyd said.

"I sent Jason a text about five or six weeks ago saying: 'What are your reasons for retiring because you've had the worst luck imaginable yet you're finally playing some good footy, you're getting some good consistency and you're retiring'.

"I won't explain what his reasons were.

"It's fantastic that he's reversed it. I said: 'You're a long time retired, if you can keep playing and you've got your pace - which he has - go on for another year‘.”

More By Jennifer Phelan

Nat Rat.

I'm thinking that is part of Paddy's isssue Ben is refering to.

Not so much ASADA, nor his wife but a changing culture within the club. Maybe the kind of thing that would help him deal with the pressure of this ASADA stuff is disappearing.

or just give him some good advice.

Kinda what I was getting at, people that perhaps understand him.   People that would  put him at comfort without having to ask etc.Even non football advice is perhaps disappearing for him.
How does going to Brisbane help that? Not as if just coz they're not at the club any more you aren't allowed to contact them.
it doesn't, but we are essentially asking him to be loyal to a club that he doesn't feel is reciprocating.
Benfti, please explain how Paddy doesn't feel the club has reciprocated his loyalty?

I am genuinely perplexed by this statement given we offered and he signed, a 4 year contract which is about the most overt way a club can show loyalty to a player.

Work pay me and have me on a contract, but I don't particularly feel that they are loyal to me

ok. I'll have a guess.

paddy found out that we may have quietly shopped him around for a top 5 pick.......? And maybe also shopped Dempsey for a late first rounder?

that's a total guess but fits the implied narrative.

Benfti always has inside info that he can never disclose.

In other words he pretends to know ■■■■ and posts vague hints without actually directly saying anything.