#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

KLANGERS

Lyle Kangford

Kangford you say? Hmmm…

Haven’t seen jobe get knocked over to many times but Langers Sat him right down in the third when shepherding Gleeson.

Beast!

Good to see people finally warming up to Kyle. Was starting to get a lot of Stanton like attention on this board
If there's anything that people are warming to, it's the idea of him as an inside mid over a half forward. Aside from that he's been pretty well rated around here by most.

I think its been 50/50. Just my view of what I see.

Dunno. Ever since one of the training reports mentioned Mark Harvey told some supporters on the sidelines to watch Langford closely because he was going to play 200 games for us (or something), I reckon people have been pretty respectful of poor performances and drooling over a few highlights.

Seems to be mentioned a lot as an improver over the summer so this could be the year where he cements himself in the side and people don’t have to make excuses for him, and kicking a set shot from 40m out becomes business as usual.

17 games is pretty cemented.

And he only turned 20 in December. He will be a serious gun !

My erection of Langford booting 3 goals against Carlton in round 23 is only now starting to settle!

Langford/Jobe/Myers.

Always a beast mid in the middle= extraction power.

KLANGERS

Lyle Kangford

Don’t blame me. I voted Kodos.

Edit: nicely done Enki.

have you seen the rig on this kid? Geez he's gained some serious size. Will be a mid beast but will do some real damage when resting forward because he'll be such a hard player to match up on

I reckon he will d the most damage with the ladies!!

Remember when he fumbled like 6 times in that game last year and people wanted to take him out the back with the rifle? How times change. That was a low point even for match thread standards.

Seems that large mid who can take a mark and kicks goals, ala jobey wan

Remember when he fumbled like 6 times in that game last year and people wanted to take him out the back with the rifle? How times change. That was a low point even for match thread standards.

Glad someone remembers the bad times

Hear it at games…Langfords a spastic. Its terrible

I think that’s the idea behind him being a forward over a mid: he seemed much more sure of himself when all he had to do was mark and kick a goal; which he was good at. In the midfield, he was fumbly and got caught a few times and people started to go ballistic.

100% a forward.

2-3 shots at goal a game.

CAN THE THREAD-STARTER OR ADMIN PLEASE REMOVE THE “Welcome to Essendon” FROM THE THREAD TITLE PLEASE?
IT DRIVES ME MAD, HE’S BEEN BE HERE SINCE NOVEMBER 2014.

(Also maybe chuck #30 in there for easy thread title searching thanks in advance) /rant

CAN THE THREAD-STARTER OR ADMIN PLEASE REMOVE THE "Welcome to Essendon" FROM THE THREAD TITLE PLEASE? IT DRIVES ME MAD, HE'S BEEN BE HERE SINCE NOVEMBER 2014.

(Also maybe chuck #30 in there for easy thread title searching thanks in advance) /rant

welcome to essendon vs how many goal the kyle kick?

if someone could PM me what this whole “The Langford” joke is about, that would be awesome. im sick of feeling like the loser who wasnt invited to the party

if someone could PM me what this whole "The Langford" joke is about, that would be awesome. im sick of feeling like the loser who wasnt invited to the party

There was another Langford in the VFL team… and when we would have reports from VFL games that Kyle was a part of then we would refer to him as “The” Langford…

if someone could PM me what this whole "The Langford" joke is about, that would be awesome. im sick of feeling like the loser who wasnt invited to the party

DJR can provide the detail… but to help you out.

In the VFL we also had a Langford. So there were 2 Langfords running around. One of them ended up being “The Langford” in order to assist us in differentiating during the radio DJR VFL live reports.

edit : beaten to it.

Thank you guys. to be honest though, it was a bit of an anti-climax…

CAN THE THREAD-STARTER OR ADMIN PLEASE REMOVE THE "Welcome to Essendon" FROM THE THREAD TITLE PLEASE? IT DRIVES ME MAD, HE'S BEEN BE HERE SINCE NOVEMBER 2014.

Thanks for fixing it. Now to go and shout in the other threads that have the same issue…