#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Two responses, two different reasons. Lol.

And what does he have to do with Frankston, he’s from SA.

SA is basically a big Frankston in the middle of a desert?

Hmm yes. One of those is a desolate barren wasteland void of any intelligent life and the other one is a sandy desert.

P.S. Frankston is alright. Breeding ground for the Essendon back line.

I quite like a lot of Adelaide and it’s surrounds, truth be told.

Me too.

Too bad if you live in South Australia and try to keep food in a freezer.
Its been so bad the last 6 months, they are renaming PAFC , Port No Power.

Speaking of which, when do we play the Rolling Blackouts?

Looked strong today, looked like the big tough inside midfielder we are wanting to take over from Jobe.

Certain best 22 this year.

Lav’s a forward.
Lang’s a mid.

Moves well on the inside.

Still, he’s not what you would call a ‘hard at it’ inside mid.

Still not sure he’s got the hands to be a mid. He’s great overhead but his ground ball work is a bit ■■■■.

Thought he was really good after half time.

Third year player making the transition to the midfield - I think he’s going fine. For reference, Jobe played five games in his third year.

I thought he worked into the game pretty well after a slow start.

He’s awesome.

Still think Lav set to join him in the midfield.

He's awesome.

Still think Lav set to join him in the midfield.

Agree, lav just needs a good run at it.

Third year player making the transition to the midfield - I think he’s going fine. For reference, Jobe played five games in his third year.

Also for reference, Jobe was fat back then. I think Langford is tracking nicely.

Lav's a forward. Lang's a mid.

they’re both forwards.

Looked strong today, looked like the big tough inside midfielder we are wanting to take over from Jobe.

He looks composed and rarely makes a mistake when he has the ball in hand… but he needs to get hold of it more often when played as a mid. Once he starts to hit higher disposal numbers consistently above 20 then i’ll be more convinced (has he had a game above 20 touches?)… but yeah I still agree best 22.

Tracking along nicely. Best is yet to come but he has a pretty high ceiling, IMO.

Yeah, but how many did Fyfe play?

He looks composed and rarely makes a mistake when he has the ball in hand… but he needs to get hold of it more often when played as a mid. Once he starts to hit higher disposal numbers consistently above 20 then i’ll be more convinced (has he had a game above 20 touches?)… but yeah I still agree best 22.

18 touches from 64% game time is a pretty good start. Not all the kids can rack up 23 touches from 58% game time like parish (holy smokes)

And can you believe he’s only just turned 20.

Good to see people finally warming up to Kyle. Was starting to get a lot of Stanton like attention on this board
If there's anything that people are warming to, it's the idea of him as an inside mid over a half forward. Aside from that he's been pretty well rated around here by most.

I think its been 50/50. Just my view of what I see.

Dunno. Ever since one of the training reports mentioned Mark Harvey told some supporters on the sidelines to watch Langford closely because he was going to play 200 games for us (or something), I reckon people have been pretty respectful of poor performances and drooling over a few highlights.

Seems to be mentioned a lot as an improver over the summer so this could be the year where he cements himself in the side and people don’t have to make excuses for him, and kicking a set shot from 40m out becomes business as usual.

Fark me …

Not sure which bit got to you Boot.

I think he’s doing well enough I just don’t think he’s “made it” yet.

Others either seem to think he’s a golden boy just for getting a clean possession or kicking a set shot from dead in front, or else they want to drop him when he misses, fumbles or doesn’t get enough touches.

Still not sure he's got the hands to be a mid. He's great overhead but his ground ball work is a bit ■■■■.

Yeah, he’s great at finding space and is fine if the ball is delivered into is hands. But if he has to go chasing a ball then he is slow and fumbles and either gets corralled or tackled

Yesterday was the first time I think he’s decision making and awareness has been much improved trough the middle. I really liked his game, definitely tracking well

18 touches from 64% game time is a pretty good start. Not all the kids can rack up 23 touches from 58% game time like parish (holy smokes)

Fair point. Probably his best ratio of possessions/minutes on field to date?