#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Was Langford looking at the photos, or Martin?

Could do with a step of pace. Just to get going

Langford’s issue is he always move back when he gets the ball - Sometimes you need to move forward or sideways.

Langford issue- he was tackled by Martin looking at some photos and turned back into the corridor as probably instructed and set up play from defence. In the last 90 off seconds similar. High disposal efficiency , high contested possessions and was never caught holding the ball. It might be your issue

I read that 5 times…still not sure

I don’t think Langford has an issue going back at all- if he does it because he probably backs himself in to do something constructive ie a Quarterback is a good example as you create time

Langford’s issue is he always move back when he gets the ball - Sometimes you need to move forward or sideways.

Langford issue- he was tackled by Martin looking at some photos and turned back into the corridor as probably instructed and set up play from defence. In the last 90 off seconds similar. High disposal efficiency , high contested possessions and was never caught holding the ball. It might be your issue

I read that 5 times…still not sure

I look forward to that post being quoted during negotiations for his next contract : p

Fortunately for everyone involved they don’t let me anywhere near any of those kinds of negotiations :wink:

Quick question Paul, what was with the sweatbands on the whole team? I assumed since every player had at least one on there must be some sort of new monitor we’re trialling? Or was it just for the conditions?

It was hot :slight_smile:

Ha ha, I wasn’t up there but the heat combined with the mega humidity no doubt made for slippery conditions, I assume that’s all it was. AFAIK the every week sweatbands have probably retired with Crowls, never seen Langers use them before for example.

The commentators on Fox Footy said they are used to prevent the sweat dripping down to your hands in the heat. They act as a wall, as you will, for sweat.

Look at Katie getting all technical :stuck_out_tongue:

Katie wears them when logging onto Blitz.

Don’t we all :wink:

I know that if I was a board member logging on to the emotional basket case that a footy club forum is I’d be a sweaty mess.

This is the internet. Everyone is a sweaty mess.

Thought he was one of the major factors in turning the tide of the game after half time, we’d been absolutely smashed around the footy in the first half with our back line and great conversion really keeping us in it to that point, but he was key in helping turn that tide.

Makes superb decisions. Jet.

How’s the Blitz turnaround since the last match.

Once I got on the train I never got off. Love him.

I look forward to that post being quoted during negotiations for his next contract : p

Fortunately for everyone involved they don’t let me anywhere near any of those kinds of negotiations :wink:

Quick question Paul, what was with the sweatbands on the whole team? I assumed since every player had at least one on there must be some sort of new monitor we’re trialling? Or was it just for the conditions?

Ha ha, I wasn’t up there but the heat combined with the mega humidity no doubt made for slippery conditions, I assume that’s all it was. AFAIK the every week sweatbands have retired with Crowls, never seen Langers use them before for example.

Ha ha, I wasn’t up there but the heat combined with the mega humidity no doubt made for slippery conditions, I assume that’s all it was. AFAIK the every week sweatbands have probably retired with Crowls, never seen Langers use them before for example.

The commentators on Fox Footy discussed them actually. They are used to prevent the sweat dripping down to your hands in the heat. They act as a wall, as you will, for sweat.

The commentators on Fox Footy said they are used to prevent the sweat dripping down to your hands in the heat. They act as a wall, as you will, for sweat.

Look at Katie getting all technical :stuck_out_tongue:

Thought he was one of the major factors in turning the tide of the game after half time, we'd been absolutely smashed around the footy in the first half with our back line and great conversion really keeping us in it to that point, but he was key in helping turn that tide.

Would have to strongly disagree with the last sentence there. Is no doubt a good kick, but makes poor decisions most of the time, mainly because he takes a long time to think about what he is going to do. My worry isn’t that he lacks pace, but that his mind seems to tick over so slowly. Has a long long way to go. Hoping for him, but am yet to be convinced.

Our governing body is now quoting information from Fox on social media. What is this, the USA?

Our governing body is now quoting information from Fox on social media. What is this, the USA?

And I mentioned a wall…

#MakeEssendonGreatAgain

Thought he was one of the major factors in turning the tide of the game after half time, we'd been absolutely smashed around the footy in the first half with our back line and great conversion really keeping us in it to that point, but he was key in helping turn that tide.

Would have to strongly disagree with the last sentence there. Is no doubt a good kick, but makes poor decisions most of the time, mainly because he takes a long time to think about what he is going to do. My worry isn’t that he lacks pace, but that his mind seems to tick over so slowly. Has a long long way to go. Hoping for him, but am yet to be convinced.

Yeah, difficult for me to disagree with that more strongly, but I shouldn’t get into a whole back and forth on it :slight_smile:

What I will say is he’d rather take a tackle than turn the footy over and makes the right decision IMO the vast majority of the time. Having longer with the footy than most isn’t a negative, quite the opposite in fact if as with him it rarely leads to panic. If you went back over yesterdays replay and watched his decision making I reckon you might be pretty surprised, had this same conversation with a mate earlier FWIW, shocking that two footy fans would disagree ha ha.

Spot on.