#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Responded well this week, IMO. Looks laconic, which will always ■■■■ people off, but he’s a kid with talent and his kicking was much improved this week.

3 Likes

Good in patches tonight.

Was he on Betts for like 1 minute? Educating him on how to lead?

Ok tonight, but stop the Hollywood one hand mark attempts, you’re not quite Nat Fyfe yet!!!

Was poor in the first half. Thought he was struggling to just get his hands on the ball.
Far better in the second.
Did his best work as a forward.

Still have a worry about his intensity, but it’s more just his body language and he’s still trying to get used to body contact.

Regardless, he’s tracking about as well as expected.

He’s a fkn forward, stop trying to turn him into a midfielder

16 Likes

2 goals out of 6 in the 1st half are you for tesl

Langford has to learn one thing in particular. How to use his body. He’s not sure how to throw his weight around or needs a bit more of it to throw around.

Lead a lot tonight. As a forward he takes a lot of his marks uncontested so he’s getting away from his man ok.

He’ll come good. Just needs it all to fall into place.

Keep sending him out there!

2 Likes

He was efficient. Two goals from 3 kicks.
But his second half was far better than his first.

1 Like

Agree with this. Was in better position than his opponent in a few one on one’s tonight and it was all his if he just knew how to effectively use his body. I reckon he’ll be a good player once it all clicks.

1 Like

He is a fwd, not a mid. But I completely agree he needs to learn to throw his weight around. If one thing is clear its that we need some more hard nuts in the side.

1 Like

I thought he was pretty good. He went up with 1 hand once when he should not have but mostly did well.

Showed a bit more zest tonight.
yes.
I said ‘zest’.

1 Like

True, plus there are already enough plodding mid-fielders.

I missed a big chunk of the first half and so missed his goals. But I thought he didn’t play particularly well in H2. Did one or two nice things, but stuffed up a lot and often second to the ball.

I personally would like to see him more in the middle.

Some of his disposal was lemon zest. Some signs, but never plays like he owns the joint. Still a kid…

oh no

He lacks intensity - Needs a long stint in the VFL to work on this part of his game - Francis would be a like for like replacement.

Had an opportunity to drill 2 more but chose options that didn’t pay off. Would like to see him take a leaf out of Lucas’s book at back himself at taking the shot.

2 Likes

Keep sending him up

2 Likes