#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Post reported for being wrong on all counts.

1 Like

If he’s a forward then better off delisting him because he isn’t a good one

Played above average in the forward half.

Moved into the midfield and played with led in his boots.

Either play him as a third tall or not at all.

1 Like

Apart from kicking accurately at goal nothing I have seen has given me an impression he will make it. Has zero football brain and zero intensity.

1 Like

Seems like Langford is the new whipping boy. If he plays poorly and still kicks two goals that is a player you persist with, particularly a kid.

1 Like

Langford far too slow by hand, foot and brain to be a midfielder, plus isn’t physical enough.

Is a third forward and not much else. Needs to improve considerably, but has time on his side…

1 Like

He also had 22 pressure acts and a couple of absolutely ripping long kicks to advantage that lead to goals.

11 Likes

6 Likes

@Riolio can you develop and implement a script where you auto-hide all posts in this thread and the Brown thread that contain the word “intensity”.

This will never end.

Yeah, but apart from converting most of his chances, leading hard off the ball, spacing well with Joe D, setting up others and pressuring well, he did ■■■■■■■ nothing at all.

15 Likes

Agree…I don’t see him as a midfielders backside. Humorous reading back on the fluff article that claims he said he aims to play like fyfe. He doesn’t have the appetite for the contest nor does he have the application.

What he is, is a forward. I think he could be a very good one too if he was left to develop there.

How about ‘zest’?
Is ‘zest’ ok?

1 Like

Circumventing my ignore script is a bannable offence

Can I just ask DJR or any of the other regular VFL watchers - did Langford actually show the huge promise as a mid at that level or is it being overplayed by some? He played most weeks in the seniors so I don’t recall if I even saw him at VFL level last year. Did he have any or some games where he racked up big numbers through the middle & looked like he could break through packs, create space or dispose of it in congestion to our advantage. I want to believe he’s even a remote possibility to become a genuine top mid, I just can’t see it at all at senior level.

There was one game which was televised when I saw and we either came from behind and won or were down and almost did so largely on the back of him being thrown in the centre in the 3rd and 4th qtr. He was winning clearances and shrugging off tackles - it looked like you’d thrown an under 16s kid in an under 14s match.

2 Likes

He only played a few VFL games in 2016. He also played midfield in late 2015, including finals.

Possible example from last year is Werribee at Windy Hill on 2 July: 28 disposals and 10 tackles.

I dunno, I was was in the Imperial Palace East Gardens in Tokyo at the time.

2 Likes

Happy with how he’s tracking right now, but gee sometimes I want to shake him and wake him up out there

@Mendozaaaa

“He looks constantly stoned”

5 Likes

Yeah, I think there was two televised VFL games last year where he was looking all Pendlebury-like, just floating through congestion and slipping every tackle.

He’s never shown anything close to that at AFL level, but in answer to Jbomber, yes the hype is based on something.

His biggest problem right now is that he plays like he’s an U16 playing seniors. When he works out that he’s not that anymore he’ll go well.