#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Actually precisely the opposite. He can do no wrong apparently.

It’s time we got some higher standards, but hey what would an idiot sandwich know?

Not much.

2 Likes

How to meat 2 slices of bread??

1 Like

Best player on the list.

Worst player on the list.

Keep him in.

Drop to the reserves.

Play him in the middle

Play him forward

Too slow

Is quick

2 Likes

Is Lang.

A conundrum, wrapped in a riddled enigma, … and shortly to be jammed fair up some negative clackers.

He plays like a poor mans Pendlebury, tries to take his time to make his mind but just doesn’t have the spacial awareness or smarts to know where to get to the ball drop like Pendles does. As a third forward I think he has value and I think him and Lav work well together, but we really need to get the ball to him because he’s not someone who’ll work against the grain.

3 Likes

I think the frustration can be illustrated by observing his involvement in two forward movements in the first quarter (nb -I think it was the first). He was involved in the fast movement forward with handball receives through the corridor, and had team mates sprinting forward off his position to whom he only had to give off a quick clean handball, but he held onto to the ball trying to move through the congestion instead. This resulted in being obstructed or tackled, and the ball being turned over.

There is a player in there, but I don’t think the centre square is his domain. He is a HF or wingman type imo.

I couldn’t care less if he ends up in midfield. He’s clearly not there yet, he might be in another 2 years, or he might not. What matters is he’s giving pretty reasonable service as a forward and, IMHO, really helps the forward line tick.

First working forward line in about 10 years, and yes he’s the 4th or 5th banana but still, he’s doing his job.

6 Likes

We’ve given a lot worse, far less talented, far less promising players a lot more time to show a lot less.

It’s going to ■■■■ me seeing him dominating “changes” threads every week when people just refuse to notice that the coaches are pleased with what he’s showing and won’t drop him.

6 Likes

And according to some can’t throw his weight around.

Must’ve had a netball background.

Reckon he’d be a bit disappointed with his start given how impressive his preseason form was. But reckon he’s working into the season well now and will start to impact a bit more consistently.

Should have attended Ballet School like James Hird.

CHB in the mangos and leave him there

Magoos

The only position he’s less likely to play than KPD is Ruck.

Mangos :joy:

4 Likes

Blitz after watching Essington lose… 20yr old player hasn’t torn the game apart yet, won’t amount to anything.

Blitz after watching Essendon win… 20 yr old showed some great signs, will develop into an excellent player.

We should start a Wall Street investment firm.

3 Likes

1 Like

Fark that’s harsh.

That gif will follow him now like Hooker chasing Buddy.

1 Like

At least it’s not the one of him trying to take on the man on the mark and then realizing 1) he has no burst of speed and 2) he has no left foot.

And then getting done for holding the ball.

Get the feeling too much goes on upstairs in the kids head. Just needs to simplify his game as he has a lot of other great attributes.

Only still a youngin’ all things considered so plenty of time to work on what he needs to.