#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Only needs to get 20 disposals to be better than Myers. If he does that than hes better than our next best guy.

You could always watch the game, not the stats sheet.
Personally that’s something I am hoping for from the Langford. It was one of the aspects of his midfield game that needed work. Add some aggression and use his size.
So 15 useful possessions in the midfield, half a dozen blocks and shepherds, and a decent amount of tackles that stick would be a great game.
Especially if he can nick a couple of goals forward.

1 Like

So a great game from Langford would be reproducing the form of Sam Lonergan?

1 Like

Or replicating the games that Myers (who got dropped on form, and replaced with Lang) has played the past few weeks.

Needs 20+ possessions and min 5 clearances.

He is our future inside clearance mid. He needs to produce that, and I’m confident he will.

Myers “could” have had a good game but just didn’t hit targets by hand or foot.

I don’t mind a 15-20 possession game from a third string midfielder if they make them count.

Or, honestly, the form that saw him dropped. His last game was 15 disposals, 3 tackles, 2 goals.

Bring back the drive tackle!

triggered

3 Likes

If he doesn’t win the brownlow tonight, I never want to see him in the team again!

2 Likes

Gees that hurts missing right in front then they go and kick one a minute later.

Really sucked the wind out of our momentum

Not off to a great start.

1 Like

Goodness me.

Surprise surprise he is having a very minimal impact in the midfield.

He has skills, he can read it, he can mark it, but he hasn’t got the perception to be a good mid. Stick him forward and he could have a very good second half.

Not a fan, hope to goodness he proves me very wrong.

When you spend 6 weeks in the 2s, you get too used to the speed of the 2s. The only thing malthouse said that made any sense when he wasnt quoting Thomas Einstein (yes that was deliberate) was that when players spend more than 4 weeks in the 2s they get too used to that speed and it takes a while to get back up to speed in the 1s.

Same thing with Kyle, needs 3 or so weeks in the 1s and in the guts before we can judge I reckon

5 Likes

Langford is not a mid-fielder’s bootlace.

That was the true stress test - did Langers’ expression change as our heart was ripped out?

When they said to him ‘come in and play the Myers role,’ I don’t think they meant it literally.

I’m very interested to know who made the decision to derail this promising half forwards career by pretending he’s a midfielder.

6 Likes

Bandwagon?

Only played 83 minutes. Fark all really. Thought he did some very nice things at times and was important at the start of the last quarter. Did have kicked those two in the first quarter though.

Kennedy showed him how far he has to go in the strength department

Keep sending him up.

4 Likes