#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Does he have a killer instinct?

should’ve drilled those 2 shots.

He should have yes, but wasn’t on his own in that regard. Certainly the first one he rushed a bit which is why I think he needs more senior games just to find the pace a bit.

I’m going everyone ivan dw. not singling him out.

1 Like

Nah.

I don’t see anything about him to suggest he’s going to be a player.

Rance like good looks though

Very disappointed in his efforts.
He just does not deliver. Those two point he kicked sums him up.

This is the McKenna thread all over again. You’re all wrong

25 Likes

You’re absofreakinglutely deluded

I farkin hope you’re right.

Although I don’t see how you are going to be.

Could forward, can’t midfield.

Langs gonna need a huge attitude adjustment (imo before i get some trust the coaches hounding).

played exactly like a guy who has been in the 2s for 6weeks and didn’t play last week. it didn’t help him that heppell, merrett Watson and goddard all played below their best.

Did people question Connor’s desire? That’s why so many of us simply cannot see any future for him in the midfield, he has never once shown that manic desire to get the ball that all good midfielders do. I think he could be a good half forward as his best asset is his marking & he’s usually a decent shot for goal. He has played good games as a half forward. He’s never played a decent patch in a senior game in the midfield. We all want him to be a mid, the list soooo desperately needs him to be good mid but he’s not. Maybe next year with a more mature body & some more miles in the legs he might start to impact some clearances but right now he is a liability around the midfield because he doesn’t win the ball & numerous times I saw his opponent run away from him & get the ball.

2 Likes

He’ll have a high 20s midfield game sometime this year imo.

He played 81 minutes tonight. Hepp play 97(20% more), bj 102, jobe 93

Langford had 16 touches, 2 clearances, and 5 score involvements. He let himself down in front of goals and didn’t do enough defensively.

Hepp and jobe only had 18 touches each and 8 score involvements and 5 clearances between them.

Langford made stuff happen when he got the ball. He also got schooled by Kennedy at a few stopagges which can only be good for him imo. Fwiw Kennedy torched everyone that went near him on the night

I don’t think I could bear to do a minute by minute break down of that game for Langford. But the attitude in here is tempting me.

20 Likes

People like to criticise Langford with “he’ s not good enough to make it as a future inside mid” , but they rarely offer up an alternative…

Sure we have Parish to come back in but that’s it…

Takes some heroic extrapolation to say that Clarke or any other player on our list is going to be a better inside mid than Langers…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he had a big part of that decision himself.

There’s a bloke called Bird who averaged over 20 disposals, 4 clearances plus 6 tackles a game last year.

2 Likes

Except he is a bit of a spud

Is it a prerequisite to put led ito your boots prior to every game?

Langford just looks like a right footed N’OB by the looks of most of his games at AFL level.

Really needs to have a game where he shows SOMETHING to signal he will be player, if not he will fall by the way side like Jerrett. (Hell, Jerrett even towelled up Fark Carlton once!)

3 Likes

Inclined to agree

He didn’t really complete much tonight but he was ■■■■■■ close to doing a lot.
Sounds pathetic, but there it is. Couple of kicks chopped off, couple of misses, couple of wrong options away from being really really good. His hands at ground level actually held up better than almost anyone we had out there.

I like that they sent him to JPK at times. He will learn more from that than 50 VFL games where he’s the big unit plowing through tackles. But he does have a bit to learn.

2 Likes