#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Interchange is largely pre-programmed with adjustments made on the fly to suit positional changes and game day strategy. Largely, players know when they need to come off.

2 Likes

The number one rule is, if you kick a goal you have to sprint off. Even I know that one…

8 Likes

So that’s why Jobe doesn’t kick goals anymore, he doesn’t want to have to sprint.

11 Likes

My most hated thing in footy!

6 Likes

Watching him at the game run at snails pace over and over again is what’s most frustrating.
For a kid who wants to model his game on Fyfe he doesn’t cover the ground well at all.

He laid a few strong tackles in the 1st half and wasn’t the worst player out there. However I was stunned that when only 1 point up our coaches had the arrogance to put him in the centre bounce.

I’m yet to see him once extract the ball at a stoppage, fly off a well timed hand ball or take the outside ball and deliver at pace.

I get he is a kid but he’d have to make monumental improvements to be the type of player we need that going to help break our 16 years of Essington.

There’S far too much faith put in players that show very little in this forum.

On that topic, hows Myers going everyone?

1 Like

That’s 3rd on my list after crap umpiring and the game’s administrators.

2 Likes

I have changed my mind on Langers more than once, this is a final decision. SPUD

1 Like

He is just another ordinary player on our list. We will give him 7-8 years before finally giving up on him. I’m sick of it to be honest.

1 Like

1 small step sideways for Langers…1 giant leaps downwards for us.

Relax everyone, he’ll be OK.

2 Likes

Give this guy a break. He’s probably a bit upset at how poorly the Bulldogs are going this season.

I am a lot less confident about him than I was last year. IMO he just doesn’t push hard enough when the ball is within a couple of metres of him.

2 Likes

The word your looking for is “intensity”

4 Likes

Dropped again. There were many worse than him. Unlucky I think.

3 Likes

Considering how many minutes he played in the last quarter of last week, and that he was not named in the twos, surely he is injured. The club decided after getting beaten by the bottom side at home that one forced change was enough. We probably would have gone in unchanged if he was right to go.

Have seen Langford x3 times this year live.

Has struggled in the seniors to consistently impact the game playing forward. The positive on the weekend was he got the pill 17 times, probably could have had 25 disposals if took all of his chances cleanly. Had a bad case of the fumbles up forward. And clean hands is probably one of his strengtgs normally.

And while Myers, Watson, Colyer, Zaka, Green, Gleeson, Stewart have all struggled at times with disposal they’re all geting to more contests and probably all have Langford covered for running power, even Watson.

He’ll get more of a chance later this year if injury strikes the forwards and mids.

And with a few post season retirements more opportunities will arise.

For now needs to keep working on his game and ability to make contests.

3 Likes

They would not name an injured player as an emergency for afl that would not make sense.

So far from the weakest link last week

I dont want to get into knocking the kid too much as he has potential and hes a bit of tweeking away from being a better inside mid.

But thats what ive seen. Hes within metre of it and he either watches or sort of glides at it and if it comes to him fine if not hell run straight past it.

Sydney youngsters follow the footy into the line of taking a physical hit. Which is what hes capable of handling because of his size and class.

Again, I can’t see how this revolving door approach is good for his overall confidence & development. Fair enough if the club were consistent & dropped others when they don’t perform well but it seems like Langford is being treated differently

7 Likes