#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

I saw little improvement in his game - till the last 3 or 4 VFL games. He turned a corner, in my opinion. I reckon next year he will be a permanent inside mid.

4 Likes

3/10 rating from me for 2017.

If his 2018 season is like 2017 then he’s on the road to nowhere.

Agree with Jezz, next season is make or break for Langford.

Jezz, I have nothing of substance further to add.

You basically summed up my thoughts perfectly.

My only addition is that I understand why he is playing midfield and not forward. He will not be good enough as a 3rd tall for us at the moment with our current list.

And it’s the first time in his career he is learning to midfield and his progress is encouraging as the position is not natural to him like it is to Darcy.

I’m happy with his year and he probably deserved more afl games.

Agree, he looks like Myers RE his speed of decision making.
I’d love to see what others see in him, I’d feel a lot more optimistic if I did, but I don’t. He had our third worst disposal efficiency out of anyone that played a game this year and averaged less contested possessions than James Stewart!

1 Like

He’s actually one of the players I’m most excited about next season. I think he’ll be that McKenna ‘I’m happy to be wrong’ revelation in 2018.

4 Likes

You watch VFL from memory, don’t you?
Didn’t see anything you like about him the last 3 or 4 games?

His VFL form at the end was good. The question is can he translate it to AFL?

Well, that was the issue that sent him back to the 2’s. I do think his 2nd stint there made a difference. I hope he comes on, even more for himself than for the team. He has a lot of latent talent.

Clearly photo shopped

The last vfl game he played, he played awesome for a half then went MIA. I hope he proves me wrong but I don’t ever see him being best 22

Went backwards this year. Poor year. 2/10

Would not be surprised if he asks for a trade. How Myers was gifted games over him was disappointing in my opinion.

4 Likes

You will find Langford will be terrific. Remember the whole preseason as a mid and then put in as a fwd- talk about screwing tbe mind

He can play and he is class - needs a run at it now

What was blatantly clear yesterday is the need players with intensity.

At this stage this is something THE LANG misses, but lets hope it comes with confidence and he really attacks it.

2 Likes

After another season, I’m none the wiser with this guy.
Something in me still tells me he will make it but that’s probably more out of hope than anything else.

His pace is a worry but there a plenty of gun slow midfielders that make up for it with a quick footy brain.
Let’s hope Langford can become one also.

I wish I didn’t have that missed tackle on Clay Smith in the last quarter of the final stuck in my head.

I’m still not convinced he’s got the chops to be an inside mid, but we do really, really need him to.

The only way we’ll find out is by a big stint in the seniors.

1 Like

I don’t see the midfielder thing that others do with Langford.

I do (or did) see the forward thing though.

Either way, he needs to play every game from now on in the seniors.

No more of this wait 7 yrs to find out if he’ll make it rubbish.

Throw him in the deep end and let him sink or swim.

7 Likes

Benfti and a couple of others have said this draft coming up is shallow. So keep langford, throw him into the midfield in 2018 and if he comes up short trade him out and hope to get a decent pick in a deeper draft

1 Like

If we trade for Stringer then one of Lav or Langford has to go

I was thinking the same. BUT !!! Which one

Langford before Lav

1 Like