#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Lav before Langford

2 Likes

Lav is the better player imo, he has just struggled with injuries this year. Langford has just struggled with no excuse.

2 Likes

Why does he need an excuse? Sometimes you struggle when you are learning, sometimes it comes naturally.

1 Like

Go where? To pick him up and take him to training?

3 Likes

Langford has been good at VFL level and played almost exclusively as an inside mid. Next year, we need to see what he offers our senior midfield. With Jobe done, we need to find some big bodies and have to move passed the likes of Myers, Bird, Howlett and Hocking ASAP. Langford, Begley, Laverde, Mutch and perhaps even Francis have to be the answer.

4 Likes

Was the most hard done by player on the list. He was dropped when he should not have been and not promoted when his form was consistently good.
He had old slow plodders played ahead of him who achieved nothing in the seniors. Hopefully he gets a decent run at it next year.

6 Likes

Would be good for us if either went to the dogs

Time for a young slow plodder instead of an old slow plodder?

This place is hilarious

Langford is 20

It was a toss of the coin for the position Myers ended up with. If Lang played instead I doubt any games result would have been different.

Langford is as good as a seasoned 100 game, leader of the club.

Can’t wait to see him with another pre season and a rise in the pecking order.

2 Likes

No they dont.

5 Likes

Myers mk2

Will do two good things a game and be utter unaccountable slow trash the rest and people here will blow him up

Last sort of player we need.

Langford is a completely different proposition to Myers. Langford is faster, more agile, more composed, cleaner, more creative, more versatile and a genuine aerial threat. If Myers has one quality over him ATM a is that he had the added strength that maturity brings, at one point he was a more a more penetrating kick too. You should start drafting your post for the I was wrong thread now.

7 Likes

Something I find bizzare is that I reckon Langford plays a really good third tall (remember his round 23 game last year?) And Laverde plays as a better midfielder (again look at the same game) however the club is insistent on the opposite.

Honestly can’t understand it. Langford is a decent set shot with a good set of hands and Lav is explosive out of the middle.

1 Like

He needs a cattle prod before the start of every quarter.

12 Likes

I fear lav is another fumbler

3 Likes

Exactly

So why play Myers? Worsfold said, that at the start the older players would be preferred. He THEN said, if a kid can do the same job/effort and provide the same impact, then the younger player will be preferred

So why, after all that, and all of that is fact, DID MYERS KEEP LANGFORD OUT. You didnt exactly have to do much to provide at least what Myers dished up

Its literally the biggest load of sh*t worsfold said all year

4 Likes

It would be better than fair to say that Langford was dealt a questionable card. The good thing is that Langers got on with it and played some ripping VFL footy , I would think from a development side , tackles , contested footy , goals, possession’s he has done everything asked of him. There are many on here happy to have a crack and say his season was average really based on AFL form. He was omitted after Lions , and I think next game against Collingwood , given the opposition that day, he really could / would have gone to the next level and bang he is away. Instead he was overlooked and the rest is history. Langers is contracted next year , he’s still learning and somewhere I read the most divisive player on the list as judged by us lot. Why because right now he has got tricks and talent and a manner which does not fit " the bash and crash" expectation of many of you, because he’s never probably been a bash and crash type of player, and why the ■■■■ would you want him to be. He’s the class , and with a bit more maturity , he will be one of the better ones.

6 Likes

I don’t see this at all. For starters LAV has never ■■■■■■ played out of the middle.

I have no confidence in LAV making it at all, but extreme confidence about Langford

1 Like

Langford shows less intensity than Jackson Merrett. And that doesn’t bode well for his future.

Remember that game in the last round that he tore Carlton apart and won us the game?.. That was 2 seasons ago and his best game.