#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Great stuff Kyle!

28 Likes

disappointing lack of Aaron Francis in that photo.

Yes I am stirring the pot. :wink:

1 Like

Uh oh. Wearing a BLUE shirt during off-season!!!

4 Likes

Has some good work ethic. Needs MORE ■■■■■■■ MONGREL

3 Likes

This is why I think this kid will do very well, he was back early last year and again putting in the hard work.

Watch out 2018!

6 Likes

Went for the Dogs as a kid! Went to the grand final last year!!!

WHY IS HE NOT IN CLUB PARAPHERNALIA

1 Like

This is why he will make it. He’s giving himself every oppotunity to be a good AFL footballer. Look forward too seeing you in the 1s in 2018 Kyle!

Show some ducking intensity

1 Like

Cause he will be at the Bulldogs before the end of the year

I like Langford but yeah he needs to show some mongrel when he plays it’s why i think he won’t make it as a mid.

He looks more alert there than in any game he played during the season.

Seriously that is impressive from a 20 year old. Kudos to him.

No. 30!

Interesting year for Langford, as he was fortunate enough to get continuity, albeit mostly playing VFL. I was at the Brisbane game, and he was clearly one our best (when we played at our worst).

I saw the late season Windy Hill game against the Bulldogs, and I reckon he was our best player that afternoon. His awareness stood out. It looked to me that he knew where, and when to dish off before taking possession. He’s a creative player who often takes the best option. I think that’s his strength.

Sure, he’s not a bull inside, but not through lack of effort; he get’s to enough contests. He needs to learn to stick his tackes. He looks strong enough, so perhaps his technique needs work (if only they all tackled like Zach).

Though all in all, I think he’s had a really strong development year which has left me curious and hopeful of where he can take his game next year. He’s definitely a mid prospect. I’d like to see him translate his VFL possession numbers and composure to AFL level (and I know we can say that about most players who are VFL standouts).

8 Likes

l am most impressed by the way he moves, he glides about with what looks like little effort, so it can appear that he is laconic. Next year will be a big one for him, as he attempts to step up. l expect him to make the grade.

But that 5% increment in speed at AFL level is where he gets found out gliding, moving sideways etc. That’s the difference between Jobe (at peak), pendles, fyfe; bont … they do it effortlessly at AFL speed and pressure. Geez if Langford can get even close, and add his fwd capabilities, we’ll be blessed.

I hope to see many of you mo fo’s in the ‘I was wrong’ thread this time next year.
:crossed_fingers:

*this swear filter is dynamite

Obviously a track star, I had a horse like that once. Just does enough and suddenly 5 yrs later nothing has changed.

1 Like

Will rival Rance next year for best hair without a doubt.

1 Like