Former #32 Noah Gown

Hadn’t really considered it to be honest.

I really like the way he attacks the ball in the air so I would be leaving him forward to develop.

Not sure why he slipped to so late in the draft but he has something special about him I reckon.

That joke went straight over my head Splitround :joy:

5 Likes

No to midfield, yes to ability to clunk at pace. That play in the last quarter was fantastic.

He needs to learn from Brown how to accumulate touches over a game through. Goes missing for long stretches.

We also need to work out why the flogs hate him. Every game he has multiple blatant holds on him during marking contests ignored (almost all of them within twenty metres of goal… which would be part of the answer). Maybe he has to be weaker and flop around a bit more…

3 Likes

Agree totally.
Don’t know why the flogs ignore the infringements; for a young bloke he was surprisingly vocal yesterday in yelling team directions & encouragement, as I mentioned.
Maybe it’s because a couple of times he was also vocal about calling the umpiring decisions much further afield - eg “Back”, “Ball” “High” etc., without going to Fletch levels of demonstrative.

Only thing I can think of, unless his rats tail triggers something in the umpiring demographic?

1 Like

100% the rats tail, I know he’s from Adelaide but it’s just got to go.

Isn’t he from Gippsland?

Ok, it’s a long way from Drouin to Adelaide, but it’s still got to go !

Is that more insulting to Drouin or Adelaide?

1 Like

I’d have thought the answer was obvious… Plays forward for a team wearing red and black.

3 Likes

Might have been mentioned but my power coach mate says he loves a drink. Has faced internal disciplinary talks from the club. Not necessarily a bad thing just about what he needs to do in a professional environment.

Paul Vander Haar says hello, but really is that reason he doesn’t get the free kicks because he enjoys life outside of football :thinking:

1 Like

I was trying to work out why I should care if some power coach loves a drink.

10 Likes

:laughing:

The maggots are just training him for what life will be like when he gets the call up to the AFL.

Always going for the extra bounce

I could do with a power drinking coach.

1 Like

I think he means Gippsland Power which is the TAC Cup team Gown played for

That he may enjoy a drink a bit beyond what is expected of an AFL footballer actually endears him to me.

I am now well and truly on his bandwagon.

BRING. HIM. IN.

5 Likes

Blitz wants no more private school pretty boys and then this fella with his rat tail shows up and a whisper campaign opens up about him liking a few beers. Give me a break. This kid is gonna work out hopefully. As long he’s not Fev or Swanny, I don’t think there’s anything to see here.

3 Likes

There were whispers on here he ran into some similar issues over pre-season

He is only 19, so plenty of time for him to reign it in.

1 Like