Former #32 Travis Colyer

Misses out on what would have been a well deserved top 10 b&f finish to cap off his rise to become a consistently good AFL player. Possibly top 5.

ha ha ... we lost the bye. lol.
Didn't play a legit ruckman lol Hirdy maaate nice time to get a tan on the French Riviera $$$$$

classless douchebag

Play Dempsey at half forward, give him 12 weeks to earn another contract.
Brilliant. Season's ■■■■■■, about a dozen blokes out of contract, not many kids coming through - let's use a spot opened up by injury, on a 28 year old half back? For, maybe, the carrot of having him hang around another year or two?

Plan B, play someone who’s actually a mid/forward, who hasn’t already had 10 years of opportunities, and might have a long term career from here in that slot.

If at this point I was to mention the possiblity of demps having attributes similar to Gunston would you suffer permanent brain damage?

Similar attributes, do you mean apart from having 2 arms, 2 legs and playing AFL?
Play Dempsey at half forward, give him 12 weeks to earn another contract.
Brilliant. Season's ■■■■■■, about a dozen blokes out of contract, not many kids coming through - let's use a spot opened up by injury, on a 28 year old half back? For, maybe, the carrot of having him hang around another year or two?

Plan B, play someone who’s actually a mid/forward, who hasn’t already had 10 years of opportunities, and might have a long term career from here in that slot.

If at this point I was to mention the possiblity of demps having attributes similar to Gunston would you suffer permanent brain damage?

What else can go wrong... Fark this year

I could think of one or 2 things

An inspirational bomber who’s had a lot of setbacks, and never gave up.
Good luck for next year Trav.

Sometimes good things.come from ■■■■ situations like this. Let’s hope Browne or Laverde can get a chance to play 10 games and cement a 10 year career at EFC.

We can’t replace Trav, but let’s see what else we have.

And best luck to Trav, he is a favourite of mine and will be missed.

TRAVIS CASSERLY

I was at that game. He needs to play like that on the regs.

I think he may actually be a small chance of making it.

Seemed to settle his kicking a bit this year.  Or perhaps just make better decisions about which kicks to attempt.  He did still have a couple of shocking disposals, but they were isolated, as opposed to every time he had the ball.

We sure could use some of his assets in the team.  For Trav its about removing/reducing the liabilities.

5/10

Can play. Can run…fast. Now he can also kick.

I wonder if bombers influence is being felt on these younger blokes development…holding them back in the vfl, teaching them how to play, working on skills, building their bodies…making them ready made so that when the time is right, they are right.

I see this with kav, nob, Trav etc…

Just a theory.

Can play. Can run...fast. Now he can also kick.
I wonder if bombers influence is being felt on these younger blokes development...holding them back in the vfl, teaching them how to play, working on skills, building their bodies...making them ready made so that when the time is right, they are right.
I see this with kav, nob, Trav etc...
Just a theory.

That technique didn't hurt the Cats players' development under Bomber.

At some point though, such players actually do have to step up and make a contribution - they have to improve so the team improves.  A good case in point would be Merrett this definitely stepped up and, as a result, the team improved....and Jetta struggled to get a game because he didn't improve.

I'd rather be playing Colyer, NOB, Kavanagh to see if they do develop into AFL players and improve the team through the midfield/HF than recruit Del Santo.

Really showed some signs late in the season. Would love to see him develop into a line breaking midfielder we are desperate for.

Getting there slowly but surely. Needs to really get some consistency and be pushing hard for a regular senior spot. Another coasting year of just VFL and the occasional AFL game then I worry for him 2015 and on. Big supporter of Trav, he has a good head on his shoulders when you speak to him about his footy. Knows what he needs to do. Just needs to avoid those niggling injuries and find that form. I hope his time comes in 2014. 

Essendon FC ‏@Essendon_FC 1m

Two years for Trav! Travis Colyer has re-signed to remain a Bomber until 2015: http://bombe.rs/1gltP6n  #godons

Finally announce 2 more years

Has decided to leave EFC and continue the MASS EXODUS.

I can't believe we put so much time into developing our players, only for them to leave before repaying the faith. Someone (else) needs to be sacked.

........oh hang on.

Has decided to leave EFC and continue the MASS EXODUS.

I can't believe we put so much time into developing our players, only for them to leave before repaying the faith. Someone (else) needs to be sacked.

........oh hang on.

i thought we werent going to have enough players to run through the banner next year ! she who must not be named must be fuming (feel the burn )

great news today anyways for trav and ess  hope he has a blistering season !!!

Stockholm Syndrome. Only possible explanation.

EXXXOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS