Former #32 Travis Colyer

Was important in some key moments. Not a complete game but a pretty good return all things considered. I love the fact we have someone like him trying to break the game open.

1 Like

When I said support cast I was referring to our new and increased stable of fast line breakers. No longer will it be trav or bust imho… Raz, parish,Walla,green,Gleeson are all pretty zippy.

I probably have high standards cause I reckon Colyer could be one of the keys between good season or Special Season…

Why would he want to turn himself into an old grumpy gnome with a belly.

3 Likes

ENTER DARLI

He wanted someone to suck his balls

I thought every time he got it he was great and split the game open. Just needs it more.

1 Like

Except for that time he got caught by Frawley. WTF was up with that?

3 Likes

True, the old Hawk ladies next to me were going nuts exclaiming, “I’ve never seen him run that fast before”.

1 Like

Yeah, hats off to Frawley there. You’re always a little bit slower when you’re the one having to bounce the footy but I must admit I was expecting Trav to burn him off. I loved how he tried a second time though after he couldn’t see him off the first time round haha!

1 Like

I was pretty disappointed to be honest, I thought he’d held onto the ball long enough for an overlap to occur and he could just put it on someone’s tit inside 50. I thought he was a left footer and on his preferred side ?

Instead we ended with three hawks tackling him and turning it over.

When Colyer paused the first time he saw he had players in board and slightly back and he could easily have passed back to one of them.

Instead, he decided he could burn Frawley off but it turned out he couldn’t. An error of judgement by Colyer, that’s all.

2 Likes

Was a good effort by Frawley.

2 Likes

Agreed. So he screwed up once. Generally though he was great with ball in hand.

Frawley is also deceptively quick

He’s also deceptively average…

EFA

1 Like

It was the best thing Frawley did all day, but it was good. I am happy Trav is happy to try that on, it just stands out when you get it wrong. All good. Exciting.

1 Like

Frawley used the angle well. No issues from me with Trav doing that. if he gets past there, almost certain goal.

1 Like

Colyer had no support, and seemingly no clear targets (watching on TV - so there may have been options that were not visible to me). It went on for a while and still no Don arrived to give an easy out. Frawley did play it well and gave it his all - he stayed on the ground afterwards. Colyer still nearly went past. Anakin ended up in a big black suit the last time I saw someone make a move from the low ground like that.

Unlike Jake Long who habitually tries to do to much to his detriment, I think Colyer has fair grasp of the right move at the time.

When he marked it he had parish and another charging through the middle unmarked from the back of the square (I don’t think you can see them on TV). Turning outside was the wrong option and he became increasingly isolated the further he ran. If he’d gone inboard we would likely have ended up with a scoring opportunity.

But whatevs, he has a licence to take the game on, I’m happy if he keeps using it because for each opportunity missed he’ll create more than his fair share by going for it.

Let’s not turn this into the zaharakis thread

8 Likes