Former #32 Travis Colyer

Frawley is fast. Most FB’s these days are.

3 Likes

Yeh I saw parish too and was hoping he would quickly send it that way, rather than take frawley on. But imagine he has a licence to do that.
I thought Colyer was a bit scratchy/rusty. but that is ok, I think he will improve on that.
His runs in the 2015 rd 2 Hawks game is still burned in my memory, we cant expect all of the returning guys to hit the ground running like Hep (who looked rusty in JLT).

I think Watson, Stanton, Colyer, Hurley, Hooker will all be better next week after their first full game. There will also be more responsibility on Colyer to contribute with Green out IMO.

I was at the game on that side of the ground. When Colyer paused and turned inboard he had 3 targets I can recall. all slightly defensive of his position but in the corridor.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I didn’t see that.

Not mongoose quick

1 Like

But on watching the replay, he literally had no options and you’re wrong.

Didn’t dominate but with the amount of midfield/forward flank depth we have not everyone is going to rack up 25 possession/ or 2 goals every game. Has actually surprised me this year how classy he has looked with the ball as a well rounded classy using linking midfielder, not just a ‘run gun kick goal’ type.

Last week it was Fanta, Parish, Stanton befitting from others good work. This week it could be Tippa, Langford, Zaka or Colyer…very important to share the load.

1 Like

I thought he was really good especially early.

TV shows you very little; replay only focuses on Colyer & Frawley and the immediate area around them.

Being in the southern stand I had a very good view - Colyer really hesitated for a reason when he paused - it’s because he seriously considered the options I mentioned.

I’m joking mate. Its a tongue in cheek comment aimed at the zaka thread.

4 Likes

Him and Kelly set us up early

This is what’s great about our list this year

Did they fade, or did Hepp and Zerrett lift?

It’s hard to keep dominating a game when the great blonde one and Mr Football are ball hogging.

Found Trav’s long lost Twin. Cpl. Dwayne Hicks the ■■■■ kicking alien hunter!

8 Likes

I thought he was BOG. Sure fantasia got the goals and Zach got the pill, but this guys running and linking up, and clean possessions throughout the game was unbelievable. Genuine A grade performance.

1 Like

I can’t recall a game where Colyer was so clean with his ball handling and possession.

3 Likes

27 possessions!

Is that his highest tally ever?

Always saw Colyer as more of the impact player with 15 or so but if he can rack them up like that going to be so damaging for us.

3 Likes

Did some looking…

27 on Sat night was an equal-best for Trav.

Picked up 27 v West Coast, 2010
Game LeCras kicked 12 lol

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder mate…ugh

3 Likes

Love the fact he gives us a point of difference, his pace alone is a big difference.

2 Likes

Trav was on SEN yesterday. Will be good to see him have a dry track to get moving on again.

I thought has game last night was very good.