Former #32 Travis Colyer

He at least got the basics right last night. Picked up the ball first before trying to burn off the opponent, chose the right options most of the time, disposal let him down a bit but that will turn.

Had his leg heavily strapped from early in the 3rd, did he get a corky?

1 Like

Yep corky.

I thought he was better last night. Didnt fumble to many and kicking was ok

Thought trav had a stong game last night but…

… He could be so much more of he didn’t fumble so much. Conditions were greasy last night but he fumbles the bobbling ball just far far too much for a guy of his size and style of play.

His got the tools to be a very good player but he’s just got to be cleaner.

Just felt too often last night we were away if he gathered cleanly and he didn’t

3 Likes

Amazing that the ground was wet considering everything else in Sydney was bone last night.

Great goal by Trav in the last.

Maybe the guy who used to water the Moorabbin ground has relocated. That was extremely suspicious.

Yesterday was extrely still (windless) though, so if it was watered heavily Thursday…

1 Like

Was the ground really greasy?

Very greasy, apparently. Allegedly they were querying it on TV before the game.

Came here to say the same thing. He’s sort of the anti Zach where he doesn’t seem to have good “all round football ability” in close. Especially for someone so short and fast. It seems like every time the ball is at ground level in a one on one he struggles to break even.

2 Likes

The commentators said the groundkeepers watered the ground yesterday and cut the grass. But it was still to long for AFL apparently.

Not going to hurt our speed, was it?

1 Like

I checked the rainfall in Sydney before the game to see what the conditions would be like. I hadn’t rained since Tuesday morning when they only had 4mm and it’s been about 19 degrees each day, so I was amazed to see the ground so heavy and slippery

2 Likes

I was there and it was very heavy, looked like the day after a heavy rain. It was quite unstable underfoot. I was surprised to see it like this.

Very happy with his game. Fantastic work rate but the nature of his game means he rarely receives full value for his efforts.

2 Likes

At the ground it seemed fine, both teams disposal and decision making was just rubbish.

They used to water down Moorabbin back in the day to give the Saints a chance in the mud

Ground was holding. A bit rich to say both teams disposal and decision making was rubbish. It was a solid performance by both teams.

At the ground, on level 2 I and the people I were with thought it was one of the worst displays of football going around. The kicking to the opposition was atrocious. The kicking for goal even worse.

In fact, I’ve told my brother to never come to another EFC game with me. He was there at the Melbourne one as well and it seems we just can’t play cleanly when he is there!

1 Like

Will be good when is hitting those goals on the run regularly again.

Care more about him hitting targets and losing the fumbles tbh.

He worked on it a lot and improved drastically a few years ago, I think if he can get it together wholly will go back to being one of our best weapons in transition.

3 Likes

He’s been threatening to blow a game open the last couple of weeks imo. It’s close