Former #32 Travis Colyer

Not sure I’d agree with that. Overall he had a good game, but several fumbles really hurt us.

Yeah, agree there. My comment was up until half time on the replay. (first viewing).

Dropped dramatically in the 2nd.

Any news on why he went down to the rooms mid-game?

Perhaps he had to arrange an express delivery to Werribee?

Can somebody tell Trav that

1. Don’t try and be Zerrett when Zerrett is 2 feet from you in the back pocket.

2. Don’t try and be Zerrett, take the ball in the back pocket and give North a 7 - 0 lead and the confidence thy need to ruin our percentage boosting game

3. If you can’t kick a left foot kick 15 metres over a 1st game player retire yourself from AFL

One of my favourite players, but that was the ugliest kick you will ever see in football, has a serious problem kicking on the run does Trav. He knows he’s a terrible kick, what the hell was he doing there when Zerrett was just looking at him like dude WTF? I hope they drop him.

Colyer has improved week by week and that run through the back of the square to hit a 50 metre pass to Daniher who got smoother by Thompson, the kick was quality.

The one knock i have on him is that he runs to the wrong spots. I think he plays better as a high half forward rather then on ball or on the wing. He played better yesterday as a forward then in the midfield. Too many times Colyer is out of position as a wingmen and he is like a witchs hat when the opposition have the ball. I think as a forward he can see the play unfold and he gets to the fall of the ball, when it is kicked long to Daniher or Hooker.

They must be the slightest incremental improvements in footballing history because he has been ■■■■■■ awful this year and that is being kind.

Fumbles all the time again, can’t kick on either side, lost his solid marking above his head.

The year out has shattered his confidence because he isn’t currently half the player he was before the suspension.

1 Like

The weird thing is, he was EASILY the best of the returning players over the first 6 weeks

He’s kinda just there at the moment. To be honest, I don’t really notice him much

4 Likes

Still think his quick dashes of play here & there are important.

2 Likes

The effort and intensity is there and love it when he uses his pace to break the lines but geez his kicking has gone backwards at a million miles.

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s a shame and I really hope he finds his mojo soon. We cannot afford to lose more speed. Our 4 or 5 speedsters have been key to our game style, and he is arguably the fastest of them all.

He is lucky that no one in the 2s plays his position. Hopefully he can strike a bit of form and be an important contributor on our run home we would look a lot more dangerous with a firing Colyer.

4 Likes

I do wonder if we play 3 tall defenders whether we could move McGrath up to the wing in his place. McGrath doesn’t fumble and is more reliable with the ball.

I think whoever said above that trav is better as a high forward is right.

1 Like

More reliable because he handballs 90% of the time.

Well yes that is a fair point. There was certainly one turnover goal in the first quarter against the dogs because McGrath handballed when he should kicked out to the wing where he had parish and tippa in space

He going just ok, his missing goals on the run is what killing his form

1 Like

Not getting involved nearly enough. Needs at least a week in the VFL. His form has been poor the majority of the year

All of that is correct.

1 Like

He doesn’t get enough handball recieves for mine

He has had a shocking year. Could have easily been dropped a couple of times already.