Former #32 Travis Colyer

I’d play him as a small forward for the rest of the year with Fantasia out. We need the forward half pressure, and he’ll predominantly be away from congested situations, meaning less fumbles in important areas.

1 Like

When someone handballed it to him whilst they were about a metre away from him whilst he was providing the overlap run and then he still managed to fumble it, pretty much just sums him up at the moment.

Makes the simple look impossible most of the time.

He’d really turned the corner in 2015 and become an awesome player and now he is just a poor mans Lewis Taylor on current form.

We seriously need him back to his best very quickly.

2 Likes

Needs to really step up to the plate next week with Fantz out.

Hope he can.

1 Like

The fumbliest fumbler who ever fumbled

1 Like

I’m not sure why he fumbles on the deck as i reckon he is fantastic overhead for a guy his size. Must be due to spending it before he has it

1 Like

Yep i reckon its because he has used it 10 seconds before it arrives

I have always been a big supporter of Trav but he’s been pretty bad for most of the season to be honest, I still wouldnt mind seeing him tried as the hard tag but we already know that won’t happen

This guy went to cult status on the back of some game winning fourth quarters a couple of years ago. Outside of that he has pretty much been crap.

All the speed in the world man’s jack when you fumble and can’t handball or kick!

Why is he being suggested as a small fwd? Because he’s small? Is that it???

Needs to focus on picking up the ball before looking at where he is going to give it.

Was just about to post this.

Because he’s kicked some good goals this year playing that role?
Otherwise, not sure.

I doubt he gets cut (even if we didn’t have who we have out), and suspect he’ll play the same role. Worsfold doesn’t really seem to like making changes.

So there’s Langford and Laverde that have tasted senior footy out of the under 23’s.

Then there’s Dea,Stants,Hocking and Bird of the experienced guys.

Maybe Dea plays back and McGrath through the middle?

As much as Bird could replace Jobe , most would prefer a youngen.

I say give Big Boi a chance.
In a game where we won’t be expected to win.
He might just surprise the fark out of us!!

Has he? I remember a couple of good goals he kicked up forward but they were more midfielder has followed the ball forward as opposed to clever forward goals. To be honest I don’t think Colyer has much forward craft and used to hate in previous years when he spent a majority of his time there instead of just resting there.

Having said that I have no doubt he will be in the team, unless we shuffle positions around there is no one to really play his role or even really put pressure on him currently.

1 Like

That’s only part of it. There are time where he seems to be trying to grab the ball as he is turning to do the next thing. But there are plenty of time where he just cant pick up a bouncing ball that he is chasing or he fumbles and drops a ball that he already has securely in his possession.

I can’t believe that the suspended guys didn’t work on certain aspects of their game during the year off.

With Fantasia out I’d probably give him a last chance and play him in the forward pocket/Flank

This way Mckenna and McGrath can move further up the ground

If they bring more than his usual output then he’ll surely be dropped for someone performing better
Especially if he continues to miskick the fumble the ball

There’s been a few this year where he’s snapped around the corner and through.

I reckon blitz seems to have it’s favourites and enemies. Say anything against Ambrose and wait for the negative response! Say anything against Myers and wait for the praise.
If I compare Colyer to Green, Colyer’s output is much higher. I would not be dropping him any time soon. That said, I’m also disappointed in Colyer’s output after a good start to the season. He’s a long way from his peak but he still worries the opposition with his pace.

2 Likes

It’s his kicking or whatever you can call it that’s the worry, it’s abysmal at the moment, doesn’t make the distance 40 metres from goal on the run.

Maybe he could try handballing more.

He has looked dangerous up forward in the past.

could be a very good option pagans paddock style

If he is going to play i would rather he plays up forward than in midfield. We will need some more speed in there for defensive pressure as well with raz missing