Former #32 Travis Colyer

Showed prising signs today. Could be handy vs sydney

He had some obvious fumbles, but I can remember at least 1 really good pickup, and more than a few good kicks.

3 Likes

Has had 3 top games this year.
Played with intensity and ran with smarts / purpose.
Gee, hope he brings it against the Swans

Can we get him to just paddle it all the way out of a centre bounce right up to Joe? I reckon he could do it with the way he was knocking it around the legs of Freo players but not actually picking it up today.

5 Likes

It’s like watching Ronald McDonald or Sideshow Bob trying to pick the ball up.

I fumbled my ipad before i posted as a mark of respect to travis

He kicking was a bit better, but for a guy his size to fumble so much is just mind boggling

11 Likes

I think if he had thumbs, he’d be a good player

6 Likes

He gets to the right positions, he can break lines, he reads the play pretty well…however, I have never seen a person fumble the ball as much as Colyer does. You would think he was a lumbering 7 foot tall ruckman with his inability to pick up a ball. It is quite astonishing really.

2 Likes
15 Likes

Trav Colyer. That’s a paddlin’.

5 Likes

Dear Travis,

Please, for the love of all that is good: Pick up the ■■■■■■■ ball, for ■■■■ sake.

Please, I beg of you.

Yours in forlorn hope,

dingus.

P.S.: PICK THE FARKING THING UP.

9 Likes

A winger we sometimes call Travis C
Approaches the football too anxiously
As we watch him fumble
We can’t help but grumble
His ball handling skills are a travesty

2 Likes

that is the amazing thing. He actually does the hard part- he goes to wear the ball is just can’t pick it up

If he can somehow discover his touch by our first final we are a legit show to knock them off. When firing he is such an integral part to our game style

2 Likes

agree, reckon he is trying too hard to be too quick, lost confidence on big stage

1 Like

He is hitting the ball with to much pace, and not getting low enough to take it clean. Needs to get lower by slowing down a fraction, then accelerate away once he takes clean possession. Yes, its slightly slower, but its quicker then hitting it with pace, thumbing, then picking it up.

2 Likes

Can’t be done for holding the ball, if you don’t hold the ball.

2 Likes

Only according to the rules.

5 Likes

It’s almost like he’s spent it before having it. Has thought about what he will do with it before actually picking the farking thing up. He never used to do this, it crept into his game this year around Round 6-7 and hasn’t left…weird

1 Like

I’ve said this before but its wierd how good he is overhead but on the ground he fumbles. Half the time he seems to be tapping the ball to make it bounce up perfectly before taking posession.

His best game of the year was vs the swans so lets hope he fires against them this time

Thats not true. Hes been doing it since before the suspension. Just not as much. This year, hes been fumbling the ball almost every touch and his kicking is attrocious.

I remember Emma Quayle talking about Dangerfield in his draft year, and the massive knock on him was that he would sprint so fast at the ball that he would fumble, and then when he got the ball he would stuff up the kick because he was sprinting while doing it. He learned to slow down and control the ball though and since then… Well yknow… Hes really good and stuff

Trav maybe just needs to learn to slow down for a second before picking it up

1 Like