Former #32 Travis Colyer

Our best hope no matter how thin is he somehow finds that early 2015 form again. There’s no way anyone will give us a good pick for him in trade, we already have at least 5 definite, 10 possible list changes & this draft is meant to be shallow. I absolutely get that hanging on to under performing spuds has been a staple diet for the club for too long but I just can’t see trading him now working out well.

2 Likes

Ahhh.

Forgot about that, for some reason I thought he missed the beginning of the season and played the remainder but I must have had it the other way around.

Either way, his 2015 form was great and exactly what we need.

1 Like

The hope is that ALL of our non-retired/delisted saga returnees return to their best form next year. Every single one was down on previous. Heppell, Hurley, Colyer, Myers finding their best form and Hooker and Belly being more consistent would be a good step in the right direction.

Given how far off the returning players were vs our “hope” preseason, I’m not really confident in this for 2018. :frowning:

Hurley makes AA and he’s down on his best form? Must have watching a different team this year because the Hurley I was watching had a great year!
Even if you had the comps best backline, if your half forwards and midfield fail to work defensively you are going to get big scores kicked on you. The poor suckers in the backline just have job of standing there while the opponents get spoon fed. Case in point, the North game, Footscray game, Adelaide games and the finals.

forgettable season, barely sight him in games anymore, don’t know where he is hiding when we play but would love to know

Excellent trade bait.

Flashy enough to be noticed, but I unfortunately don’t think he’s much chop.

See what happens.

2 Likes

I reckon he’s the one player that missed a years who’s form will dramatically improve next year.

Hurley was terrific as third man. He was terrible one on one. And he was slow to start. Frankly, I thought it was ridiculous he got named AA in either of the two key roles. Would have understood it as third man.

3 Likes

And Yet Robert Walls wanted Hurley on Buddy

Hurley’s 2015 was a better year - He was dominating games both offensively and defensively - Defensively his 2017 was very ordinary and he should not have been AA.

2 Likes

The Age throwing Trav’s name up as someone we could use to bring in the 3Ss. Personally I don’t mind it. His form was great this year and his kicking seemed to revert back to his old ways.

If we could get a second rounder to help nail the 3 others I would be for it. His role in our best 22 is still a little unclear to me.

Word here is that trav is off to west Coast

3 Likes

Just bought a house in ascot vale earlier in the year.

I wonder what we would get in return?

I think the role is pretty clear (see below) but whether but whether he will still have it when SSS come in is another question. I think he would veto the trade though. In the prototypical ‘run and carry’ team, Trav is still best 22.

38259371b0e631c3a9da966c2b248cf625bbf788_1_281x500

1 Like

If Westcoast offered pick 30 I would take it.
I do think Colyer can improve on his 2017 form as well.
But with Smith and McGrath heading to the wing he may be pushed out anyway.

1 Like

Would fly in the face a bit with what Brady Rawlings said on Trade Radio this morning about focusing on youth and the draft. They have Picks 13 and 30, which I highly doubt we’d get access to. They’re going after AhChee from Port, that will be a low-cost trade you would think. Maybe we could get a future pick off them?

He’d be worth about pick 30, IMO. He’s in his prime, in contract.

People are just throwing up random scenarios that they dream up. I heard Coonie mention Laverde and Langford earlier. No fact in that either.

I’d be reluctant unless it’s basically too good to refuse. Easy to forget Trav was a genuine matchwinner only two years ago; I think he’ll regain his touch even more next year and can get back to being a legitimate weapon for us.

That said, Smith is an upgrade so if it has to be done to get it across the line, I’d be happy for them to pull the trigger.

2 Likes