Former #32 Travis Colyer

Would make a massive difference if could get to 80% of 2015

I have no doubt he can get back to his best.

He just add that extra pace to the mid and forward structure and would allow Raz and Tippa and Himself to rotate through the middle more not leaving the forward line exposed for pace and pressure.

He is more a mid than Raz and Tippa.

Disagree

3 Likes

Don’t think Trav has ever really been a successful small forward in the mould of Tippa/Raz/Green. His best has always been as a pacy winger.

4 Likes

I reckon he looked one of the players most affected by the Saga once they returned.

Hopefully now time has past and with a clear run he can return to that form.

The way the game is now played players with pace, pressure, run and carry are really in vogue and he could be a major boost in the back end of this season.

He’d never really played permanent wing before IMO (more HFF/pushing up to wing), but with our settled 3 amigos in TIPPA/Raz/Green fwd he had a huge workload running wise in the year back.

All the returning players really struggled with the running demands and backing up week after week. Fatigue = drop in skills

As we saw with Trav he seemed to have less and less impact as the year went on and couldn’t hit targets. But stayed in team as we literally had no one pressing up with pace as an outside mid/winger type besides Jerrett.

We have a lot more players who can spread the load this year with rotations so hopefully can see him return to his destructive best.

3 Likes

I think he has been pretty unlucky. All the mids that came back off the ban struggled and then he got injured. There is no reason why he can’t meet the form of 15 again. I’m hopeful. If and it’s a big if we can get all our mids in form Heppel, Zac, Zaharakis, Smith, Stringer, Langford, Colyer it isn’t the achilis heel it’s been.

1 Like

Don’t forget Fantasia anf Zerrett who both missed some pre-season

1 Like

Trav and Dev.

Can’t wait to see this.

Tippa (171), Smith (176), McGrath(178), Saad(178), Green(178), Raz(178)and Colyer(175), all in the one team, would be a possibility.
I find it hard to believe that Zac Merrett and Parish are both 180cm, as shown in the club’s player profiles, as well.
Potentially 9 players under 6ft in the one team would be some sort of record.

I say bring this man IN NOW

2 Likes

I’ll second that.

He’s been woeful all bar a few games a couple of years ago. It’s amazing what an LTI does for a player’s reputation on Blitz. Sorry, but anyone that thinks a guy who struggles to get his hands on the pill and butchers it when he does will turn our season around is living in a fantasy land.

2 Likes

6foot = 183cm, so it doesn’t really matter if you believe the club they’re 180cm or not, they’re still under 6 foot.
Bags and Zaka are also under 6 foot.

thats a bit harsh. his 2014 and 2015 seasons were quite good, very good actually. banned in 2016 and his disposal regressed in 2017.

if he can get back to his form from 2014/2015 there is certainly a spot for him. its another question entirely whether he ever will though.

and i dont think anybody is suggesting that colyer will turn our season around…

2 Likes

I don’t care about the season. I just want at least one game of Super Speed Team.

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see whether he has retained his speed and his speed/endurance combo. He has had a lot of injuries which could have an effect. He has seemingly bulked up a bit too.
And he’ll have never been surrounded by so many other fast players before which could make him look a tad slower by comparison

Judging by the footage of the VFL game I saw you don’t have to worry about whether he has retained his speed. As for the excellent endurance that he combined with it well I guess time will tell.

1 Like

Actually, he’s been good bar a few games last year. It’s amazing what the suspension has done to players reputations on Blitz. He never struggled to win or collect the ball up until last year and his kicking had been fine up until that point, after a shaky start to his career.