Former #32 Travis Colyer

Biggs, Picken, Dalhouse, Smith, Hunter, Libba, McLean, Daniel, Johannison.

It can work.

1 Like

My preference is for Colyer to spend the year in the VFL building up his fitness and form - Then have a big pre-season and rip into 2019.

I’m sure that’s not his preference.
I don’t see why he shouldn’t come in in a few weeks if his form is solid

9 Likes

If anything I’d say Trav would love to play in front of his family and friends in Western Australia.

It’s Colyer, he’s just as likely to get injured next preseason. He needs to play if fit.

1 Like

And what if he builds AFL worthy form this year? There’s still half a season to go, and we have a few other midfielders with medium term injuries right now.

Easy in for me when he’s fully match fit, in place of Green.

1 Like

Yep - the longer a fringe player is out injured, the better they invariably get. It’s the biological imperative of suppressing bad memories hard at work.

2 Likes

If he can a) run out a game and b) pick the ball up without tapping it forward 40m, then bring him in.

3 Likes

Trav needs a 3 - 4 games minimum under his belt first, and should only come back in to the senior team if his exposed form is good enough.

2 Likes

yep, i’m a somewhat fan that if he can reach his best again he’d add value.

but in reality he had a purple patch of about 10 games at the end of 2014, a purple patch at the start of 2015 and then got injured.

plently on here myself included were saying mid 2014 that if he doesn’t get his ■■■■ together soon he’ll prolly be delisted.
at that stage he was still one week in the next out player.
then he hit that purple patch and he looked like a superstar, hitting targets, kicking goals, long quick runs.

1 Like

I reckon they will play him if smith doesn’t play

1 Like

Watching the VFL match against Coburg on YouTube Colyer is a long way off.

His kicking was as bad as it’s ever been, turning great passages of play to a stand still.

One of the best plays of the day had a series of handballs and dashing runs ( hello nick hind) the ball ends with a pass to Colyer 25 meters out directly in front and he misses.

He missed another set shot 30 meters out shortly after to be followed by a third miss in goal.

He has no touch or game awareness at all, nothing like 2015.

I hope he finds his touch but I don’t think he should be brought in to the seniors until he does.

4 Likes

I have no idea why anyone thinks he’s ready to come in straight away after half a season/pre-season and a couple of reduced minutes games. Especially when people want our best players to play VFL after only two weeks out

I also have no idea why anyone would want to keep him out of the team if he does find touch, but apparently many here are keen to go the tank right now.

Never been one of my favourites and was surprised with his selection.

Was non-existent in the first half.

Very good second half particularly late in the game. Turned out to be a good selection against a slow side and did some great stuff late when others were cooked.

Very happy for him.

5 Likes

Better than Green. More upside. Stays in.

3 Likes

This is Trav though, I’m not sure how many 4th qtr’s I’ve seen him still hitting packs at 110% but it has been a lot, he used to really great 1st qtr player too

Hope he stays, his best is best 22, much better than Green, and leagues ahead of truckverde.

Decent game first up - Can’t believe there’s any debate about whether or not he should be playing. Given the injuries to Zaka and Parish and the fact he is streets ahead of Green as far as what he offers to the team. the man is a NO BRAINER.

6 Likes

Will be better for the run, his extra pace is a bonus.

2 Likes

Would have been nice for him had he held that grab and goaled! Sure the boys would have got around him had he slotted it!

I reckon he adds heaps to our side and has more strings to his bow than Corg.

Welcome back.

1 Like