Former #32 Travis Colyer

As someone stated, barely noticed in the first half. Was wondering what benefit he’d be to the team given how far back he’s come from BUT was happy with his flashes of brilliance when the game was on the line in the second

2 Likes

mcKenna, Saad
mcgrath, colyer
tippa, fanta
:yum:
If we get any quicker we won’t be able to see a game live and will have to record and play in slow motion.

13 Likes

Give us moar line breakers!

Bit harsh on corgi i would say he has colyer covered for goal sense and disposal by a fair way. Also i think he goes in a bit harder. Colyer has green on pace and ability to go into the midfield and spread.

4 Likes

Trav also is far better defensively.
Hope he gets a good run at it now

1 Like

Did enough to hold his place for someone coming back from serious injury and only one full time VFL game. Think he will get better and he will also benefit from the Saad/McKenna show

2 Likes

I liked what Bartel said about Saad and McKenna - They are easy to play with, as you know what they are going to do…Play on at all costs. This should make it easy for forwardline, mids etc.

Add Colyer to the mix.

Saad to Colyer to Fantasia.

Fantasia seems to have confidence back in his legs again after his injury. Think he will be pivotal against the pies next week.

2 Likes

Its the block of 4 or 5 games which will determine the success of Colyer’s elevation.

1 Like

Certainly showed enough, and got better and better as the game went on. Was clean around the ball which is what I liked. Last year he kept running over the ball, and was a thumbler.

Operation Draft Nick Hind needs to kick into gear ASAP

4 Likes

Whereas when Heppell bursts forward, the forwards must wonder where its going this time…

He should be picked over green every single week.

No way could.green have done what colyer did in that last quarter

2 Likes

I agree with this post except the “goes in harder” part. Travis go’s in hard, not an issue.

1 Like

I thought he had a terrible first half. Second half he worked himself into the game and did some smart things

Colyer over Green is a no brainer

He may not be as natural a forward as Green but he offers so much more in terms of his run and his ability to play up the ground, he should also provide more defensive pressure too

1 Like

Got a bit of ball late but was non-existent in the first half - probably a slight upgrade on Green at this stage.

He should go in hard because he is a little ball of muscle but i can’t remember ever seeing it. That’s one of the reasons he fumbles for mine because he doesnt put his body behind the ball when trying to retrieve it perhaps wanting to avoid contact. Green appears soft because he acts for free kicks and carries on, but i think generally he tackles hard and will put his body on the line more than trav. I’ll keep an eye out for it though if you reckon he goes in hard.

Colyer v Green, Colyer

1 Like

In our 2 games against Swans last year he had 20 contested possessions. Including our final.

The contest is not his MO but when it’s his turn Trav has always put his head over the footy and in the 2 example games actually led the way.

4 Likes

Haven’t watch the replay but I remember watching at about 10min in the first quarter being impressed with how hard he went in to the contest in the centre square. Can’t say I’ve ever been impressed with how hard green has gone in. Not bagging green thou just how I see it.