Former #32 Travis Colyer

Watching the last quarter replay again

Colyer had about 8 of his 15 possesions in the first 5-6mins or so of it.

Literally was running around lost for most of game but really came into it in the last. Hopefully sign of getting a feel for game again and a positive for improvement next few weeks.

Edit. Love to see some quarter by quarter stats, I reckon he is up to 11 maybe in the last. Nuts.

1 Like

people forget in 5 minutes how two second quick reactions from colyer sunk the hawks

goes up a level when the heat is on

first game back in how long, give him 3 games to get the feel back, it’s hard coming into this team having not played in a while, think he did well

stays in

1 Like

Green does have one thing over Colyer, which is that with the quick crumbing snap he’s more likely to kick the goal. He’s not great at it like Eddie Betts or Fantasia (??? hopefully), but he’s better than Colyer. In every other facet of the game Colyer has him well covered — especially getting possessions.

4 Likes

I think that’s how I see it.

Green knows he’s a dedicated crumber
Colyer’s a very small midfielder

I can’t ever recall Colyer softing out with contact impending, I do think he’s often thinking about spending it before he has it. He used to be a bit like that with his kicking, always trying to do every flat out.

He’s a lot harder working than Green defensively.

2 Likes

Was the North game Colyers best, as a mid, in terms of not making clangers?

2014 and 2015 Colyer seemed to have his previously woeful kicking sorted out to the point he became a bit of a weapon. My memory of him in 2015 was almost winning games off his own boot until he was injured.
Come 2017 his disposal regressed. But he wasn’t alone there and isn’t. I still think Heppell and Hurley’s disposal quality isn’t as good as it was pre 2016.
Against North I thought Colyers disposal was good.

3 Likes

This guy was utterly woeful in the first quarter.

Needs a rocket.

Not good enough from a senior player.

That was some qtr.

Outcoached? How about a lift from Colyer, McKenna, stringer, guelfi, saad, Baguley, belly? We are SO flat

1 Like

Remarkable that this bloke is considered an automatic starter in the best 22.

9 touches and one tackle is absolute trash from a senior player who spends that much time around the ball. Also managed to gift them two goals in the process, without kicking any of his own.

But he’ll get a game again next week because “he’s quick”. Please.

Should’ve been made to earn a game through showing consistent form in the VFL. Did SFA last week as well, until he bobbed up with a few late touches in the last quarter.

6 Likes

looked like he was coasting for a lot of the game.

injured already?

Never reeaaalllly been a fan.
Just not clean enough at ground level for a small.
Very tradeable for mine,as we have enough pace in the side.
Sorry Trav.

Played like he did in his last VFL game, only without the flashy goal to remind people that he was out there.

I don’t like how notoriously slow to acclimatise players get free walks into the team after an injury.

brendon ■■■■■■■ goddard said on the radio week before last that colyer wanted a few vfl games to gain trust in his body.

straight up walk… wtf

6 Likes

Exactly, mate. The dude has struggled with ground balls his whole life - if anyone needed a few FULL games in the VFL to get his touch back, it was Trav.

Loves the mirror weights but doesn’t use any of that strength to actually chase and tackle someone, with just the one tackle last week as well.

Was not good at all today.

Should not be considered as part of Essendon’s future

1 Like

Sheesh

Trade

1 Like

I try to reserve judgment on the small forward type.

In the end it was a low scoring type game and never suits a player like Trav.

I doubt if Green would have given us much more to be honest.

Trav stays.