Former #32 Travis Colyer

The way I remember it his half a season wasn’t just good it was really good. Like Fantasia good. That’s what I’m hanging onto.

Had 2 very good half seasons before injury and saga suspensions derailed things. I’m not overly optimistic of seeing his best again, but hoping we will. I don’t think his speed is what it once was and he didn’t seem willing or perhaps capable of running both ways against Collingwood. His ball handling was below average for much of last year as well. Massive fan of him, but I’d rather see him dropped to regain some form and confidence in the VFL.

3 Likes

If Melbourne came along and offered a 2nd round pick, you’d have to think about it.

1 Like

At the end of this year? No way you’d think about it. you’d sign the trade papers immediately

7 Likes

Melbourne should fold if they did that.

They have form, you could have said the same about Melksham

He’s played 1 good quarter in the 2 games.

Reckon he had about 11 possessions in last vs North. 4 only for other 3Q. And only 9 across 4 quarters last week, with only 1 tackle.

Has to provide more than that or just a passenger.

Same problem as Hogan then?

1 Like

Has been brought back in way too soon after a long term injury. Not his fault but more evidence of a match committee that have form for perplexing selections. Is being judged very harshly by some here IMO.

2 Likes

People say this, but who should have been brought in instead? Unless nobody’s noticed, half our medium/small forward options are injured or out of form.

2 Likes

Oh so sack dodoro and crow

I would like to read the thoughts of the only man who knows TRAV better than he would know himself, and that man is PEETO.

1 Like

…and probably did…

Kicked 11 goals from 11 games and 9 goals the year before, nowhere near the same level. Also managed into the 20’s for possession count only a few times.

They’d nearly go for it.
Melb have almost zero outside pace (Hunt the exception).

You know who else we have playing VFL every week who Melb could use ?..
Hartley !

Could upgrade some of our picks.

1 Like

Goals and possession would obviously be great, but I’d rather he focused on consistently applying defensive pressure as he is playing predominantly high half forward and that is one of the key components of the position

I more meant the explosive break the game open, kick a goal out of no where kinda thing. He was kicking those goals from the midfield, that’s pretty good.
Fanta has him well and truely covered just saying he was giving us then what Fanta is giving us now.

Colyer would need to be picked up by GWS first then Carlton would be right into him

3 Likes

I agree with the above he should have had another three weeks in the VFL before he came in. But I have no doubt he will come back to his damaging best.

TBH, I didn’t think Green was doing much wrong to be dropped for an underdone Colyer, certainly for another couple weeks anyway. FWIW, I think we’ve missed Colyer this year but rushing him back in off limited preparation (don’t forget the disruption to his pre season either) don’t think that serves him or the team that well. Just my 2c obviously.

4 Likes