Former #32 Travis Colyer

Either Green was injured in that game (and he didn’t play VFL the next week) in which case Colyer in makes sense, or he wasn’t injured, in which case his game was pretty woeful. I think Green has been fantastic pre-injury but not great in the two games back in the seniors post it.

Did Green even play VFL last week? He was on the team list, but he’s not mentioned once in the thread thereafter. If not, that’s two weeks he’s missed. Calling @DJR

According to footy live stats he got 23 disposals (15 kicks) and had 2 tackles. No goals or behinds though.

1 Like

I don’t rate Green’s season. I think he gets under the tall forwards’ feet too much. I would delist him myself.

Could be just my anti-ranga stance, but then I’m excited about Franga.

1 Like

He was a little ginger.

6 Likes

They should sit him down and show him Smith’s game tapes, week in week out, and say there is no reason why he can’t do something similar. He has the natural pace to get to the opposition ball carrier, like Smith does 15-20 times a game. Using it that way is just a mindset, not a skill. Then each week review him, and measure his performance. If he doesn’t do it, or won’t do it, leave him out until he does. Then it wouldn’t matter if he fumbles or turns it over a bit, or only gets 12-14 possessions a game.

4 Likes

And tell him not to be a greedy little bugger looking for handpasses in the goal square. I’d rather he was running to the drop of the ball as the forward is trying to mark, not after.

Are you talking about Colyer or Green?

Noons is talking about Green.

1 Like

The old fella gets a bit confused sometimes … :smirk:

Considering Colyer never ever does it…and Green does…I thought it was obvious.

1 Like

Maybe. Agree he is one of thoseguys that should come back through VFL and push for a spot - he’s no Smith. I’d have preferred Long this week and for him to go back to VFL to ply his trade.

1 Like

Don’t rate @Paul_Peos ?

1 Like

Who does …

4 Likes

I’m extraordinarily popular, I’ll have you know.

Much more so than you.

4 Likes

Well that’s hardly an achievement worth boasting about.

4 Likes

What happened to you Reboot?

You used to be cool.

2 Likes

I still am.

1 Like

Good post, Steven Silvagni.

1 Like

Just make sure it’s always pointed downwards, it’ll be right.

5 Likes

Not sure there’s many parallels between the two sides you quoted.

Dogs definitely cut a heap of older guys and played quite a young flag side.

Tigers backed in the main core of their list, but went out and recruited heavily where they fell short: good outside runners (and two way runners at that). Not in the GF side but they rated Griffiths as a best 22 player, he’s about the same age as Colyer, played way fewer, doubt he’d have any B&F votes to his name. Astbury similar boat, in and out with injuries for best part of his 7-8 years. Townsend’s about 24yo and only played about 50 games, doubt he’s got more than a handful of B&F votes. All guys who are good at one or two things but definitely not the full package.

There would probablybe guys like that sprinkled through any side you could mention throughout history, good enough to make the cut each year, not good enough to make much of a dint in the AFL .

The lesson we should take from Richmond is not about what not to do, but what you can achieve. Ie if you’re very focussed on what you need to add to match with the best sides, you can make a hell of a lot of difference in one or two off-seasons.

3 Likes