Ex #33 Brayden Ham - sliced

Reminds me a bit more of a young Ricky Dyson

But let’s hope he tracks more like Hirdy

If Ham can become half the footballer Zaharakis is then I’ll be happy

7 Likes

A Christmas Ham you say…

1 Like

I think it is safe to say he’s gonna be a regular for us in a few years’ time.

The fact he got selected as EMG over DClarke and picked over Langford says a lot about him - let’s not forget that the coaches always prefer to go with the more experienced players.

Kudos to bacon.

2 Likes

The kid killed it last year with walsh from fc no surprise here would love to see them go head to head when we play carlton

IMHO they wouldn’t be going for the same role.

If Hep had gone out, Langers probably would have come in. If Smith or Shiel, maybe DLarke comes in.

1 Like

Fair call. DClarke wasn’t in the EMG but by all accounts he’s a decent runner so I would have thought he was the logical replacement for Zaharakis.

Might be fit but he’s pretty slow.

Not sure if that would be an issue but Ham came and played his role well despite having the body of a 12yo boy and being overwhelmed at times, so I guess the coaches made the right call.

1 Like

Great debut. Was well undersized and held his own. Against the big bodies of Collingwood i think he will need to make way for Zaka and Smith.

Similar ears. Ere ere.

Kids profile pic looks like he belongs in a brat pack flick.

Listed as 70 kg, you’d hope that was as drafted and he’s a few more. Orazio was 68 when drafted I think and now lists as 79.

He looks like he’ll be an outside runner with a good pressuring chase. I suspect he will be regular in a couple of years and with a few more kegs. But not enough to slow him up.

I checked and while Walsh beat him for falcons b and f, Ham had more times in their best 3 last year. I think the Ricky Dyson call is not a bad one, Ricky was ok despite the trading jokes, hopefully Ham ends up better again. Calls to leave him in even if Zaka is fit are just nuts at this stage though.

3 Likes

Nup - he was listed at 65kg on his draft article!!!

Ricky d was an OK player. Hopefully Ham is a bit better than that. But if not, if you can get an OK player at pick 70-whatever, you’re doing well.

Ok so 70 now. That’s a tad light for longevity I reckon, but he’s always going to be a runner and may be about right around 75-80.

Yeah. he’s always going to be better off scooting out of traffic than powering through it.

Whatever weight Fanta is should be where he’s at.

Ricky Dyson played over 100 mostly competent games with some odd great moments. I think the average draftee ends up at around 40 games or so. Ricky did pretty well!

7 Likes

I’m hoping he can develop into a more outside leaning Tom Phillips type

For perspective, Walsh played far fewer games for Falcons because he was called up for higher competition.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s actually a lot less than that

1 Like

True, here’s full tally

Ham
16 games
5 times 1st in bests
3 times 2nd
2 times 3rd
1 time 4th

Walsh
13 games
4 times 1st,
1 time 2nd
1 time 4th
1 time 5th
4 times 6th

Not much in it, really! You could argue Ham was stiff, albeit Walsh had same overall number times in bests from 3 fewer games, hams were generally higher up the bests.

1 Like